Whiskey

Pygmy

What's you favorite skull varnish, and how do you prefer to drink it ?

I'm a real blue collar type when it comes to whiskey...I SIP it straight, chased with beer... I don't  like to dilute it with anything, even ice cubes..

I consider it  practically CRIMINAL to take perfectly good whiskey and mix it with soda pop....

My standard  drink is Jack Daniels, just good ol' #7...I love the characteristic bite and it ALWAYS tastes the same from bottle to bottle.

I am also very fond of Crown Royal, but my WALLET isn't.. I generally just buy it on my annual spring gobbler hunt when I can get it at the duty free store  for about half of what I would pay for it locally. 

• Like 2

My 3rd Manhattan ever was last night. Made with Makers Mark
When I was in high school had a 3 day hangover after waaaay too much Seagrams 7. Can't go back to that well.
Shots of Crowne at 2 am at a bar or party means I shouldn't be drinking anymore let alone shots.
Used to skip school to go fishing with a case of Genny pounders and a bottle of Jack. Riding bikes home always seemed to be challenging.
Not sure I could straight up anymore.
Someone pass me a beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've always been fond of Evan Williams for my sippin whiskey. But have substituted Crowne, JD, Wild turkey and Jim Beam with little difficulty. I prefer it straight up in a rocks glass with one ice cube. I don't partake as much these days as when I was younger. Due to medical issues. But while I'm playing guitar or to wind down with a nightcap, it's awesome!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Love John Walker double black also like Crowne Royal my 2 go to bottles...,

I am not a connessiuer of scotch...I  DO NOT like cheap scotch.... I have had some better quality scotch that I enjoyed very much, but I can't afford to buy it.

• Like 1

Crown is my favorite when we go fishing in PA. Tried Michter's Rye whiskey last year and one from PA called Mountaintop No Bull Bourbon. Both were fantastic. Buffalo Trace is very good as well. 

Stay away from Pendelton Canadian unless you enjoy drinking mineral spirits.

• Like 1

Oh boy...I shouldn't be here-I'm on day 25 of a self imposed "drying out" period. what put me here is any variety of whiskey and bourbon-basil Hayden is one of my favorites but pricey. Woodford reserve right up there. For everyday snorts-Elijah Craig is reasonably priced and more drinkable that Jack Evans(still enjoyable in a pinch). Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk