Whiskey

Pygmy

1 hour ago, ny hunter said:

Anyone enjoy a good cigar with the scotch.I like a Punch Rare Corjo El double  ....

Used to smoke punch cigars. My go to was the rancho but any would do. They went well with Pinch, Glenfiddich, or Famous Grouse. Any those were the days.

• Like 1

Can't beat Midleton Irish Whiskey for a special occasion.  Tough on the wallet but easy going down the hatch.  Rocks glass with two cubes.  My standard Manhattan fare is Canadian Club or any other decent Blended Whiskey.  Not much of a bourbon or scotch drinker myself. 

Ive gone to the non aged clear stuff. There is some good 'moonshines' coming out of the south. I have a bottle of Tim Smiths from Culpepper Va thats suprisingly smooth. Copper pot distilled.Tryed a couple from Ny distillers they seem to use stainless strippers to make it... Paint stripper would be a better choice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I started to watch a bit of it the other night but just couldn't find it believable...
when they raided the camp in Georgia and they where at the camp behind and just got out in the nick of time on the back road was just a little much for me...

Too much whiskey put your Hunted ( tv show ) post here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

can't say i'm a whiskey drinker with a favorite.  I don't feel I've had enough to say so and it's not all I drink.  had all sorts of Jameson, Jack, Jim Beam, American Honey, Wild Turkey, Kentucky, Canadian, Black Velvet, and lots of others.  odd though I haven't had anything from Maker's Mark for some reason.  normally sippin it.  I don't drink soda or anything carbonated.  it's kind of mood dependent really. otherwise, right now I've got JB Red Stag Black Cherry in the fridge because the wife will drink it with fresh homemade lemonade.  I really enjoy stuff like Devil's Cut but nobody else would drink it so I don't get it.  Month's ago I went to the Dominican and tasted high end rum from a decade old to twice my age.  after college I thought i'd never stomach the stuff.  I guess I was kidding myself.

Currently working on a bottle of Gentleman Jack that I am enjoying as well as a some Knob Creek that came as a Christmas present. The only bourbon I've found that I truly dislike is Jack Daniels black label, just too much charcoal for me. My go to has been Wild Turkey 101 for bourbon, Tullamore D.E.W. for Irish whiskey. Passed thru Kentucky and Tennessee on a recent trip to Florida and noticed signs for the Kentucky Bourbon Trail near Louisville. Now that sounds like a good long weekend trip ! On the water / ice front, I have tried crushed ice, cubes, rocks and have settled on a single large cube, (probably twice the size of a conventional cube) keeps the drink cool, melts slowly.

Edited by JimR