AR lower receiver, build my 1st AR

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build my first NY compliant AR. I'm plan to buy a stripped lower receiver online and have it ship to a local FFL, I live in upstate NY, Albany capital region. Can anyone recommend me some decent local FFL? Or if you guys know any gun stores have AR lower for sale? 

If you guys have any tips for building AR, I would really appreciate that if you could share with me. 

Best regards!

--Shawn

they're almost all owned by the same person. lol  American Tactical (Green Island), American Shooters Supply (Colonie), and American Trade Goods (Latham) they probably have lowers, can get more lowers, and can give you enough info on them to make your head implode.  Plenty more but those are in and around Albany.

• Like 1

On February 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM, SuperMag said:

Plenty of places have them. I'm not sure if you have a Runnings near you, but they had Anderson lowers not too long ago for $55. I recently built 2 compliant ARs and would be glad to try and answer any of your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the info! I just bought an Anderson lower and a Ruger lower, now I'm looking for a good website to purchase uppers. Do you have any suggestions? 

On February 7, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

My suggestion on the lowers are buy in bulk, last time I bought them I got them for 30$ a piece when I bought 10 of them on gun broker. Put lower kits in them and sold them for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For any kind of lowers, you do need to ship them to the local FFL first, right?