new bill

sbuff

I/m sure one of the large box stores can order for you any ammo you want

Its good to see you show how little you really know about a subject... Few if any large box stores will order you ammo. With a few exceptions of quick selling popular calibers.... If you thier suppier can even get it. Try and go buy a specific .22lr pic a brand and product line... forget it.. not going to happen. Try to buy an older caliber like 250 savage, 218 bee... not going to happpen. Try to buy somethinh thats dropped in popularity such as a Ruger short mag... Not happening. Try this one out... go to a major retailer big box like a walmart... Buy a rifle in 44mag or 45 long colt, then as they finish the transaction tell them to add a couple of boxes of shells.... They ask for your pistol permit and wont sell you the ammo without it ( true story). Uptown you really need to get out of your moms basement and see what is really going on outside... you might be suprised.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Your handguns are all registered, have those been confiscated?

exactly, and with the "safe act" provision of renewing your pistol permit every 5 years if you fail to do so not only will they take your pistols but ALL firearms, likely as a "safe act" violation. Makes a person wonder how many renewals will get "lost in the mail" or "Lost" in cyber space thus making people in violation of the law resulting in confiscation.

I would be doing both the online registration and printing out conformations and I would be sending via us mail certified with delivery conformation. 

the whole "safe act" is cuomo's back door unlawful way of confiscating weapons, you think its not happening, it IS happening, will continue to happen and will likely increase even more within the next year or 2.

10 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

You can buy all the ammo you want in any store

Clearly u r just trying to stir up sh#t again. U cannot buy ammo at all stores, maybe I don't want to pay top dollar at the store when I could spend 30% less online. BTW shouldn't you be living in Canada or Mexico by now?

I'd just like to be able to own the guns other Americans can own, and I'd like to be able to buy ammo that I want-not just what the local store has in stock.

There is no reason for the recertification process but harassment-any of us who have permits have been investigated thoroughly by local authorities who, especially in upstate, know who we are.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

You can buy all the ammo you want in any store

You ever use amazon? Believe it or not, some people find benefit in online shopping. Including you, but you're (as usual) playing the town idiot because you love to troll. You are literally combative in every single damn thread with everybody at any opportunity, even if to be combative you have to make blessedly inane comments.

Buying on line  opens up the whole county's supply to you , not just what the local,stores have . It's often cheaper , then of course it's easier . Try running down to Wal Mart and grabbing a few boxes of 25-20 .

How else has the safe act impacted me ? Well I can no longer use the standard capacity mags for many of my hand guns. When one has 5 - 10 mags for each gun that can add up .

Its a royal pain to sell a used gun in a private sale, and it costs more to,do,so .

I may or may not have guns that end with me, that is they can't be passed on .

i also have to report any theft or loss of ammo,so now when I drop a .22 shell in the snow I have to call the state Police to report that .

i will say it's been great for the 80% lower maket , there are many guys  building their own AR's and Glocks with these , totally off the books , no seriel numbers , not registered in any way .

You can't stop the signal .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Online restrictions, I used the online companies to buy all my reloading supplies and ammo now I can't order, WTH?  The Safe Act is just another step towards confiscation of your firearms, by providing your information to the powers to be, you are making it easier for the government to move ahead.

We do not need more laws or acts, what we need is enforcement of the laws already on the books.  Convict the felons, do not let them out or off because of high paid lawyers.  The Safe Act needs to be repealed, NOW, if New York City wants the Safe Act, let them handle it, leave the rest of the state alone.  

On 2/8/2017 at 9:02 AM, sbuff said:

Not at the cost or sale price offered on line. 

Seems your in favor of the safe act, please explain why you seem to be pro safe act as you've questioned us that appose it .

Steve 

Because The Safe Act has zero negative effect on my right to own the guns I own and in purchasing the ammo I need for those guns

Edited by Uptown Redneck

21 hours ago, tuckersdaddy said:

Its good to see you show how little you really know about a subject... Few if any large box stores will order you ammo. With a few exceptions of quick selling popular calibers.... If you thier suppier can even get it. Try and go buy a specific .22lr pic a brand and product line... forget it.. not going to happen. Try to buy an older caliber like 250 savage, 218 bee... not going to happpen. Try to buy somethinh thats dropped in popularity such as a Ruger short mag... Not happening. Try this one out... go to a major retailer big box like a walmart... Buy a rifle in 44mag or 45 long colt, then as they finish the transaction tell them to add a couple of boxes of shells.... They ask for your pistol permit and wont sell you the ammo without it ( true story). Uptown you really need to get out of your moms basement and see what is really going on outside... you might be suprised.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am well aware of the need to have a valiod pistol permit in order to buy ammo for a pistol

20 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

maybe I don't want to pay top dollar at the store when I could spend 30% less online.

Then maybe you should consider buying a gun in a caliber you can afford to shoot, The first thing I do before buying any new gun is to see what the price of ammo for it costs before I purchase the gun,  

9 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Then maybe you should consider buying a gun in a caliber you can afford to shoot, The first thing I do before buying any new gun is to see what the price of ammo for it costs before I purchase the gun,  

U don't get it do u? Why would I pay more money for something if I don't have too??? If ur ok with that great, I like the ability to shop around for the b3st deal possible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

U don't get it do u? Why would I pay more money for something if I don't have too??? If ur ok with that great, I like the ability to shop around for the b3st deal possible.

Well considering the whole "online shopping" thing did even exist ten years ago, you didn't have any problem buying ammo then, so why the sudden problem now?

15 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

There are many things laws prohibit people from buying

Im not talking about "many other things". Im talking about a specific semi auto rifle that was perfectly legal to buy in NY until the SAFE Act was shoved through in the middle of the night for no legitimate reason. You asked a question, I answered it. You agreeing with it or not doesnt make it any less valid.

• Like 1