Coyote contest

Chef

ya if your talking about the Sullivan county one I figured WTH never been in one so I would try and today we got a foot of snow. so I think I should of saved my money spent on scents for snow shoes to get to the coyotes but like I said Its going to be my first time in the contest so we will see how it goes I'll keep you posted 

ya if your talking about the Sullivan county one I figured WTH never been in one so I would try and today we got a foot of snow. so I think I should of saved my money spent on scents for snow shoes to get to the coyotes but like I said Its going to be my first time in the contest so we will see how it goes I'll keep you posted 

Yes that one, and the snow is very light and powdery and all animals always need to eat after a storm should be good..... are you going to
The dinner on Sunday ?...... and want part of the state are you hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yes that one, and the snow is very light and powdery and all animals always need to eat after a storm should be good..... are you going to
The dinner on Sunday ?...... and want part of the state are you hunting

I'm probably not going to make the dinner I left it open though I'll have to see how the misses is feeling. I am hunting Orange county the Warwick section between the farms,swamps and mountains I figured I could at least stumble across one! I have people saying there seeing packs of them of course that's before I get there LOL. this is my first year trying I have the turbo dogg 2 caller that I was using for crows and extra time so I thought why not.    I'll keep you posted

I'm hunting it too in Sullivan.  Haven't so much as seen a track.

Where in Sullivan are you, I'm in jeffersonville, saw a ton of tracks last week, now nothing. I'm gunna have to go try a spot I know in liberty tonight

hum I can say I have had a great two days chasing coyotes  last night  had them 75 yards away no shot and today after cutting multiple sets of  tracks going both ways I managed to miss one at about 200 yards I have however gotten better with the calls and the understanding of coyotes them sneaky little buggers LOL 

I can see them and my three toes feathered friends have a lot in common they both tend to find new ways on how to ruin my day!!  

9 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Where in Sullivan are you, I'm in jeffersonville, saw a ton of tracks last week, now nothing. I'm gunna have to go try a spot I know in liberty tonight

Just outside of Swan lake.  We had them howling pretty good after sunset today, but it's all quiet now.  Didn't see many fresh tracks today, but hopefully the milder weather gets them out.

Called in a pack last night in catt county. Unfortunately the guys I were hunting with did not heed my instructions. We setup on a hedgerow splitting two fields and I gave him downwind side.i even told him the dogs would come out his side. He couldn't see the whole field and a dog snuck up to 50yrds downwind. I had eyes in the woods @150-175 and when I saw it turn to run I let one fly. Clean miss. I'll never give up the "good" side again !! Was good to get out and hear some howls though.

On 2/15/2017 at 0:20 PM, growalot said:

I thought of you guys when I pulled this picture...the time stamp is AM...now That would have made for nice night time hunting.....

PICT0089.JPG

Unfortunately with the stormy weather, the nights last weekend looked nothing like that.  We were pretty excited for the full moon, but Mother Nature took it away from us.