Redfield, NY - Snow

BizCT

I was up through there this week end. No more than an average winter so far. Most of the deer up through the Tug yard up, or migrate off the edge where the winter is easier. I laughed at the Post Standards pics...all they did was get pics of the plowed up snow banks from different angles.

• Like 1

I have a camp in Redfield.I agree with Daveboone.Once the really deep snow comes, the deer migrate out of there. This past deer season when we got 3 feet at Thanksgiving time ,the deer left .Been that way for the 7 years I have hunted it.Also on snow depths,northern chateau.com is very accurate as they are live cameras 24/7.Some seem to add on a little more than there is. 

I stopped snowmobiling up there years ago but when I did they uaed to feed the deer on the trail at the Sportsman just down the road from the Highmarket inn and 50 to 75 deer would be out eating whatever it was they were feeding them like clock work and this was well after hunting season ended Im not sure if this still happens as it was 10 plus years ago ..