Even In The Country, Laziness Makes Me Laugh

DirtTime

it's not an insult. I truly can't follow your train of thought so it's hard to converse with you. And if that's not an original opinion about your posts, then maybe do a little searching within on why people keep saying that. Even Paula called you out in this very thread, but I'm the jerk?

• Like 2

I live in the country and I guess I can be added to the "lazy" class, my truck needed new breaks on all 4 corners and a guy from town offered to do it for 100$ if I bought parts. Now I know how to do breaks and have all the tools but to me it's worth it to
A) help someone whom is out of work.
B) It's well worth my 100$ bill now to have to sit and crawl around in the cold concrete floor.
C) I really just don't feel like doing it and have the means to pay someone else do it.

To me there is no difference in me having someone do my breaks or this guy not shoveling.
That being said although almost no one knows it because I don't let it hinder my life I am 80% disabled and work through agony daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Too many people worrying about how someone else lives, what they do and how they spend there money. Or even how they raise there kids. I had chores when I was a kid still have them as an adult. I never got paid for feeding the pigs chickens turkeys or anything else I had to do. My reward was the food they provided and a clean house and yard. Never cared if any other kids or adults had or have chores or how they got them done. I struggle every day with bulging and ruptured disks along with spinal rheumatoid arthritis and need help getting out of bed on most days. Once I get going I do pretty good most wouldn't know how much pain I am in every second. That being said I do my own yard work, just how I am. My neighbor pays someone to clear snow and do the yard work. He even offered to have them do mine and he would pay. Known him along time and he knows how bad my back is. No thanks I do my own. He knew I would say that. Even though he pays to have his done he has came over and helped m Ed with mine more then once. Why should I or anyone else care how, when, why,where or what someone else does or does not do. Just because I can not see a disability does not mean there isn't one that prevents someone from doing something. If they want to do b things other then yard work with there free time and pay someone to do there yard work who am I to judge. I am sure there are things i don't do that others do. No different them someone that does their own mechanical work and someone who pays to have it done. Are they lazy? No just different. Why worry about how someone else gets work done as long as it does affect you?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone remember when you used to see kids walking around shoveling driveways for money after a snowstorm?

If I actually had a kid (and I have a neighborhood full of them) ask to shovel my driveway. I would give him/her the job in a heartbeat. I would be so pleased to see a kid doing that in this day in age. Same reason I stop at the on or two lemonade stands that pop up over the summer....

• Like 2

Even Paula called you out in this very thread, but I'm the jerk?

There ya go! no wonder you can't follow me...with all the words you keep putting in my mouth I am obviously having a difficult time communicating....Not once did I call you a jerk...I called you psychic, wait, I asked if you were that. I also gave Paula the credit for having used that insult first...just didn't need to name her as you did. Of course it was an insult and you then ran and attempted to hide behind " and I'm not the only one"  Which is a tactic to garner support, which you more than likely will. It was only missing the obligatory, " No insult intended BUT..." lol  It reminds me of a school yard.  That's OK see I have an understanding of these things.

Stubby... I agree with you, that said  again it brought out various opinions and personal accounting's from some. As a topic opener not bad, Most added personality to the subject without taking it personal.

I don't know if paying someone to shovel/plow is lazy. When it snows, I deal with it all day at work. By the time I get home, the last thing I want to deal with is my driveway. Luckily for me my neighbor almost always plows it. I buy him a gift card at the end of the season every year along with a thank you card. He plows most of the neighbors out, I think he enjoys it since he is retired. If he stopped doing it, I would seriously consider hiring someone to do it. Not because I am lazy, because I am whopped after an all day snowstorm....

I also feel like my time is valuable.  A few years back, I had 32 trees cut down in my yard. This is just a neighborhood sized yard and I still have a lot of trees left. Before the trees were cut down my leaves in the fall were ridiculous. (now they are barely manageable). I used to pay a lawn care company to do a fall clean up before the trees were cut down. Between working, and being my daughters soccer coach on a travel team (very time consuming) along with other things that needed to get done I was/am lucky to have Sunday to enjoy myself. I could spend two or three Sundays cleaning up leaves, bagging them up and dragging to the road, or I could pay someone and enjoy myself.  I didn't get my leaves cleaned up this fall and my back yard is a mess. (mostly because i spent my Sunday's hunting) I may pay someone to do them. Not because I am lazy, but because my free time is very valuable to me....

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I don't know if paying someone to shovel/plow is lazy. When it snows, I deal with it all day at work. By the time I get home, the last thing I want to deal with is my driveway. Luckily for me my neighbor almost always plows it. I buy him a gift card at the end of the season every year along with a thank you card. He plows most of the neighbors out, I think he enjoys it since he is retired. If he stopped doing it, I would seriously consider hiring someone to do it. Not because I am lazy, because I am whopped after an all day snowstorm....

Somewhat veering off the original topic but...

I used to clear out my neighbor's driveway and sidewalk along with mine.

They had become more family than just neighbors. They had never gotten around to getting a snowblower, I knew the guy worked until late and the wife had arthritic issues and a 4yr old daughter to take care of. So I had no problem spending a bit more time taking care of both houses whenever we had a storm roll through. 

Well, they just moved out of state and we have new neighbors. They happen to be a gay couple.

I have nothing against gay people, it's your life, do what you will. Do I understand it? No, not really. Well, maybe lesbians... Ultimately gay folks have just as much right to be as happy or as miserable as straight folks.

But, am I wrong for feeling a bit odd clearing snow from a house owned by two healthy men?

Especially when one of them is a stay at home husband (or wife or I don't know what the proper term for it is).

• Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 11:11 AM, wooly said:

I got better things to do than worry about what the hell my neighbors do and don't do. :)

Yet you had time to chime in on this. Aww. How sweet of you! LOL :rolleyes: Wanna be my man crush Valentine? :rofl:

On 2/13/2017 at 3:43 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

Why do you care who shovels his driveway? What another person does or doesn't do is no business of yours. Sounds to me that your jealous that he can afford to pay someone while you can't 

Why did you feel the need to take a break from your pizza rolls and Red Bull, or hypocritical views on everything to post on this thread? Shouldn't you be causing chaos past your bed time? Isn't there a rally calling for more violence you should be attending?

Jealous? You love to put your own spin on everything don't you? Let me explain something to you about REAL AMERICANS! You know the the people you hate so much! We don't need to pay anyone to do what we can do ourselves. Another thing, it was just a conversation thread. Apparently you just cannot have an adult conversation with anyone. Your bridge is that way ---------------> ! I was kind enough to call the Salvation Army and have a couch delivered so you can get out of moms basemenst once in a while.

On 2/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, diplomat019 said:

I like to live by the motto " what you eat dont make me sh*t".  Your neighbors dont want to shove their driveway.   Who cares. Probably has zero impact on your life

MAGA

You are right! But, at the same time, you are wrong. In this NWO, we have to pay attention to the people who live around us.

I can't believe this thread went south like Uptown Redneck will when ICE gets a fix on him/her. 

43 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Yet you had time to chime in on this. Aww. How sweet of you! LOL :rolleyes: Wanna be my man crush Valentine? :rofl:

Well, I just thought the whole post was pretty shitty right from the start.

If you're gonna bash someone online, at least have the ballz to do it to someone who knows you're doing it and has the opportunity to defend themselves against your accusations. There's two sides to every story and I don't think you're in a position to put anyone down for not being more like you.

You'd throw a fit if you found out your neighbor was posting about you somewhere without all the facts wouldn't ya?

What if he was calling you a lazy bowhunter who he never even sees go outside to practice with his bow, and instead practices dangerously inside an occupied trailer with his dogs and GF? I'm sure you'd have something to say back to that, but if he was doing it behind your back, you'd never get the chance.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, wooly said:

Well, I just thought the whole post was pretty shitty right from the start.

If you're gonna bash someone online, at least have the ballz to do it to someone who knows you're doing it and has the opportunity to defend themselves against your accusations. There's two sides to every story and I don't think you're in a position to put anyone down for not being more like you.

You'd throw a fit if you found out your neighbor was posting about you somewhere without all the facts wouldn't ya?

What if he was calling you a lazy bowhunter who he never even sees go outside to practice with his bow, and instead practices dangerously inside an occupied trailer with his dogs and GF? I'm sure you'd have something to say back to that, but if he was doing it behind your back, you'd never get the chance.

Wow. I was just busting your balls. I guess you have had one to many Jennies, as usual. Don't you have some fake accounts to create? 

Well if he really makes that much money then why not? In economics there's something called opportunity cost. Not sure what the going rate is for snow removal as ive always done it (Id be surprised if it was more than 40 bucks up there), but if it takes him one hour to shovel it, it could possibly cost more if he shoveled it than if he payed for it based on how much he is getting payed per hour. 

Now Its a great work out if done right and I don't miss an opportunity to shovel my house as well as my neighbors houses. 

• Like 1

Well if he really makes that much money then why not? In economics there's something called opportunity cost. Not sure what the going rate is for snow removal as ive always done it (Id be surprised if it was more than 40 bucks up there), but if it takes him one hour to shovel it, it could possibly cost more if he shoveled it than if he payed for it based on how much he is getting payed per hour. 
Now Its a great work out if done right and I don't miss an opportunity to shovel my house as well as my neighbors houses. 

That's my thought process on a lot of things. I could have installed the new French doors to the patio and I could have fixed some other stuff around my house but sometimes it's just literally not worth my time. I have a buddy who's a contractor and I've tossed him $100 to do a job that would take me 3-4 hours but takes him a little over a hour but I can make way more than $100 in 2 hours on double time on the weekends. I like my free time as much as the next guy, but I'm not a Rockefeller either, so I do what I can when I can. What's left over, I might hire out to keep my sanity.
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, ....rob said:

Wow. I was just busting your balls. I guess you have had one to many Jennies, as usual. Don't you have some fake accounts to create? 

Nah... too busy watching your latest dance moves video so I can be studly as you some day!

Must have been some Valentines Day at the park,lol! :party:

Yea but if the DJ is making $130K per year in NYC , I don't think he would choose to live so far away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wooly said:

Nah... too busy watching your latest dance moves video so I can be studly as you some day!

Must have been some Valentines Day at the park,lol! :party:

popcorn.png I think I will be sick after watching that:bad:

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

Yea but if the DJ is making $130K per year in NYC , I don't think he would choose to live so far away.

I would think the same thing as well, but I know a CEO of a company that lives 2 hours from his job in Manhattan or 2 of my mothers co worker that lives an hour and a half away (one makes 350,000 a year). Sometimes people really want to live up there. I find it odd, but nothing I haven't heard of.