Hunted : tv show

turkeyfeathers

Anyone watching this tv series ? 9 groups of 2 have an hour to flee. 32 of the top FBI etc have to track them down. If a twosome makes 28 days without getting tracked down they win $250,000. Cars of 2010 all have trackers , cell phones getting pinged off towers to locate usage , every piece of mail sent has picture taken of it ( they busted a duo with scanning their handwriting on mail sent to friends for help via pics ) , drones , apps to bounce cell tower pings to other countries , they saw who " liked " their Facebook posts as possible helpers. Daughter and I wrapped into this. Some dumb asses using ATM 's , some directly using cell phones. What would your plan be ? I think I'd somehow get to ADK's and live off the land. Or stay with the inlaws as nobody would ever consider that a reasonable hiding spot lol We're an episode behind but 4 groups caught pretty quick so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched one episode.  The guys popped up from under cover on the boat to look for the drone that was buzzing the marina bad move.

I say pack a couple totally different outfits so if spotted and slip away, harder to re-attain due to different look. Take cash and lose your phone (or stash it in some relative or friend's car to lead the search elsewhere).  If need a phone, burner phone and set it up in another name and not call any relatives.

If in a city, blend in with the transient population - countryside, deep woods with lots of cover and some place to hole up from thermal cams.  Use snares for small game or a bow, and some fishing line.

Have other ideas that I am keeping close to my chest...

• Like 2

I found it hard to watch due to it being overproduced and a little silly at times. Maybe they should just look for the people with the camera crew following them.

What may be somewhat interesting for people on this forum is Alone on History. Ten bushcraft experts are dropped off in the wilderness with 10 items and last person standing wins. They also have to self-shoot, so no camera crews other than at the weekly physical checkup. The winner of S3 just lasted 87 days in Patagonia. Runner-ups 2 & 3 were pulled due to starvation. One of those people had stockpiled thousands and thousands of calories but didn't eat it as he wanted it to last. It's like the people who die of thirst with water in their canteens.

The dropouts come in three waves. The first are the "OMG, was that a bear?" who usually tap in a week. The second wave comes from people who injure themselves. Watch those axes, people. But once you solve for drink, eat, warm and dry, the thing that makes most people tap is the loneliness.  

Interesting show.

Pro tip - pack on as many calories as you can prior to going.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

Hunted. Well get rid of the cell phone asap. I don't have a fb so no worries there. I'd head to the woods. Stay away from the people I know. And for sure no atm's or cards. Live off the land. For the most part if u were really running there are lots of cabins with lots of stuff to live off in the woods. And just to be clear guys I would never touch anything of anybody's that wasn't mine unless it was a true survival situation. now as for alone. Where do I sign? 

• Like 2

Its kind of a joke. Anyone of us or someone with some sort of survival skills would be fine. Give me a 12G or my bow and Ill do just fine. Remember Bucky Phillips he had the whole entire Police Dept looking for him and they knew what town he was in and still took them what seemed like weeks to find him.

Its kind of a joke. Anyone of us or someone with some sort of survival skills would be fine. Give me a 12G or my bow and Ill do just fine. Remember Bucky Phillips he had the whole entire Police Dept looking for him and they knew what town he was in and still took them what seemed like weeks to find him.

Is shoot a 1.5 year
Old buck to survive and be vilified on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yikes,I'll be around for awhile.  A guy like Dinsdale would be toast..............bean pole x100.  :)

But then again I can say no at the dinner table and can do pretty well with a few calories a day if need be, dessert is not a food group just so ya' know.:rofl:

• Like 2