Can't Find My ____________.

Lawdwaz

I'm not one of those analytic thinkers so i have a photographic memories. I usually can picture where i left an item but sometimes i can't find things my wife swears she didn't move. But for the sake of the thread can't find any cheap pistol brass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I can't find my larger set of Allen wrenches and I want to swap out the rest on my target bow. I've been wanting a quality set, I guess I'm going today to buy new ones. Any recommendations? I'm tired of the Kobalt crap from Lowes

Bondhus brand....L style with balldriver end.

• Like 2

I can't find my larger set of Allen wrenches and I want to swap out the rest on my target bow. I've been wanting a quality set, I guess I'm going today to buy new ones. Any recommendations? I'm tired of the Kobalt crap from Lowes

Take a look at Eklind hex wrenches....My dad loves his set. You can grab them off amazon or at Ace.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On February 19, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A living trust is key. 5 years after creation, the trust is protected and can't be touched to pay for homes (if need be)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well for one thing beating the 5 year look back often is not easy . For another living trusts don't protect you . As I said prior see an elder care attorney best 11k I spent in awhile . Half a loaf , protects you from the look back. Gifting asses is risky at best and also subject to the look back, as well as the person / persons spending it , or losing half of it in a divorce.

This is Not your standard Revocable Living Trust
It’s important to note that a Home Protection Trust is very different than the standard revocable “living trust” that many people have already set up. A revocable living trust does not protect your assets from nursing home costs. The Home Protection Trust is an irrevocable trust specifically designed to protect its holdings from loss if you ever have to apply for Medicaid to pay for your long term care costs.   
When you transfer the things you want to protect to the trust you don’t have to sell them. You don’t have to change your investments.  What you own now is merely moved under the protective umbrella of the trust.  The trust can sell things held by it, and buy new things. If your home is held under the trust, and you decide to move, the trust can sell it and buy a new one. 
I’ve created many of these trusts for my clients, including some of my own family, over the past twenty years. Most people don’t even notice the trust once it has been set up.  It changes things just enough to protect your assets from nursing home costs, from issues with your children, and from the risks involved when a surviving spouse remarries. 

well for one thing beating the 5 year look back often is not easy . For another living trusts don't protect you . As I said prior see an elder care attorney best 11k I spent in awhile . Half a loaf , protects you from the look back. Gifting asses is risky at best and also subject to the look back, as well as the person / persons spending it , or losing half of it in a divorce.

This is Not your standard Revocable Living Trust It’s important to note that a Home Protection Trust is very different than the standard revocable “living trust” that many people have already set up. A revocable living trust does not protect your assets from nursing home costs. The Home Protection Trust is an irrevocable trust specifically designed to protect its holdings from loss if you ever have to apply for Medicaid to pay for your long term care costs.    When you transfer the things you want to protect to the trust you don’t have to sell them. You don’t have to change your investments.  What you own now is merely moved under the protective umbrella of the trust.  The trust can sell things held by it, and buy new things. If your home is held under the trust, and you decide to move, the trust can sell it and buy a new one.  I’ve created many of these trusts for my clients, including some of my own family, over the past twenty years. Most people don’t even notice the trust once it has been set up.  It changes things just enough to protect your assets from nursing home costs, from issues with your children, and from the risks involved when a surviving spouse remarries.   

My grandfather has an irrevocable trust. From what I understand that money is untouchable. He only keeps like $75K liquid at all times in case something goes wrong with his house or car, or whatever. Every year he lives longer he makes more $ than he spends so he just keeps feeding the trust.

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My grandfather has an irrevocable trust. From what I understand that money is untouchable. He only keeps like $75K liquid at all times in case something goes wrong with his house or car, or whatever. Every year he lives longer he makes more $ than he spends so he just keeps feeding the trust.

You're the one who works for an attorney, you should be feeding US with the tips!

How old is gramps?

You're the one who works for an attorney, you should be feeding US with the tips!
How old is gramps?

He's 89. It took months to setup his trust because of the deed on his house and I guess many years ago he thought it was a good idea to buy a bunch of bonds. So we had to list every single bond (hundreds of them) line by line in a spreadsheet to send in with the bonds so that they could be put into the trust, etc.

Much easier process with my grandma, 93, who doesn't have much. Her condo is in my Dad's name and she spends what she makes on clothes, hair, nails, Broadway shows, etc. lol. I can't knock her for it, it's her $

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I seem to have lost my ability to shoot a bow accurately the last few weeks.  If anyone finds it, please return it.  I am forming a callus, or several, searching for it.

I know this is insignificant to you guys, BUT I FOUND MY ACCURACY AGAIN!   WOO HOO! Better than finding a $1000 bill.  Whoever found my accuracy, thank you so much for returning it.  

Best practice session, perhaps ever, tonight!  Slow down, aim, HOLD, and slowly expand. Looky there, the arrow goes right where I am aiming, time after time.  I feel as good as when I kill a nice buck.  overthinking and tinkering with things like anchor can ruin me. 

And, without providing legal advice, living trusts are one way viable option in Medicaid planning. There are others too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I know this is insignificant to you guys, BUT I FOUND MY ACCURACY AGAIN!   WOO HOO! Better than finding a $1000 bill.  Whoever found my accuracy, thank you so much for returning it.  

You're welcome.  Sometimes it helps to talk about our issues....... :)

• Like 1