Good weekend for trip to camp.

reeltime

With the warm temps we made a trip to camp. Altho a bit muddy r his morning now it's almost 70 wind a steady south wind which has dried the ground quite a bit.

Away from the rat race for both of us it's nice to be at home at camp. Did some turkey scouting this morning and then into the wood shop to do some repairs on an old Hoosier hutch.

It's nice being at camp, ziva is in her glory and even more so since it's warm out.

A few pics of our view.

9135ea4b3016b2a42db92c1d66fe69bf.jpg0ebe6b5730c47a1afd7b9c0fcaa879ec.jpg917c54e6d25be704ef9521988f5c06ae.jpg600a470aa20ca9ef901eab41122cf781.jpg1eba85b9869f6b54f1a260aa792d78cb.jpg

Our wood shop

ad396c400c8d8ac3be18297ae451dbda.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

we had to rebuild our shop starting in 2000.   April 1 2000 someone stopped at mom and dads house about 9pm banging on the door yelling that a building was on fire down the road. at first they thought it was our barn, when they drove down the road it wasn't the barn but it was the old 1 room school house that we had converted to our woodshop.  

Being 9 miles from the closest fire dept. all on winding hilly back roads by the time anyone got there it was already on the ground and everything was lost.  The insurance company was great to deal with, we had piles of receipts and pictures to help assess what we lost but there were a lot of things bought second hand/ auctions that took time to dig up records of.  We spent a solid week sifting through debris for remains of tools, router bits, saw blades, reloading dies etc. 

By the end of that week we had a full truck bed of materials for the insurance company to look at. When they were there and finished their assessment of the materials and our multi page list of materials and replacement costs they cut us a check.  although there was no way to remember everything it was at least a good start.

By May we had started the current shop addition onto our garage, ended up 24x36,  I did install fire alarms ( Dad has no sense of smell so unless he see's smoke he cant smell it, the cause and origin team determined the fire started from the radial arm saw area)  Dad had been working that day on a kitchen for a customer ( I was here in NY running a charter that day)  so we had to scramble to get the new shop built, well at least up and under roof and closed in.  We were able to get the kitchen cabinets done with no issues from the understanding customer.  Since then we have just picked away and replaced things we eventually realized was gone or added things that were always on our wish list. 

Now it is time to expand,  I need an area better set up for the gluing table, and I need a finishing room set up.  All in due time I guess, seems that spare time is getting harder to come by as there is a list a mile long of things that need done at the farm while I am there, eventually though it will get done.