Jury Duty!!!

Lawdwaz

I know to many cops and judges to get.picked most.of the time ..federal grand is different you all get asked questions all together. I got out of that due to watching a woody harrelson interview a few nights before.. Remembered enough to recite why marijuana should be legal.and got myself booted.. Did I mention trial was supose to start opening day of deer season that year(monday)....phew haven't been called since...

• Like 1

I got called 10 years ago and had to serve.  Spent a month and it ended up in a hung jury.  What's worst is that I had just started a new job at that time so they weren't all too happy with hiring a guy and then having him disappear two weeks in for a whole month.  I tried getting out of it by lying and trying to appear as bias as possible but still got picked.  Just keep in mind that if you lean real hard towards any one side, between the prosecutor and the defense, one of them is going to think you're perfect.  Yeah, it was fun and exciting the first couple of days but then you get those annoying jurors who are stubborn as heck and has absolutely no common sense.

The cop testified: "I saw on guy shooting at another guy.  I tackled the shooter.  That's the shooter right there in court."

The victim: "I saw that cop tackle the guy who tried to shoot me.  I don't know if that's him right there in court because the dude had long hair last year.  This guy has a buzz cut."

2 jurors refused to hand out the guilty charge because the victim refused to ID the shooter in court even though if you connect the dots, (he saw cop tackle the shooter, the cop IDs the shooter in court) those 2 jurors didn't see it.  It's also painfully obvious that the shooter is in a gang from the same hood and the victim was too scared to ID him.  The prosecutor was banking on the cop's ID to be sufficient.  She failed to account for idiot jurors.

Fast forward 10 years later...I'm being called in again and have to report in April.  Hopefully I don't get picked this time.

I got a thing in the mail to register for jury duty in Greene county. I live in Albany county lol. My address is the town of Greenville, which most of it is in Greene county but a small portion just barely makes it into Albany. I answered the questions but marked that I was not a Greene county resident. Online thing says I will probably have to provide proof of not living in Greene. This should be tons of fun!!

I've never been on jury duty and have absolutely no intention on ever doing so. I'm not going to lose out on money from working to sit on a jury. What's jury pay like $40 a day?? Employers aren't required to pay full wages and I know my cheap ass company wouldn't pay me a nickel if I wasn't here. Needless to say, I'll make myself out to be the biggest jerk, redneck, racist asshole pile of shit imaginable just to get out of it haha.

• Like 1

My father was called once, he sent the paper work back & wrote a note saying, I am old, hard of hearing, & can't sit all day & I am not coming & he never heard from them again! 

I was called 7 times within 2 years. I called & told them & they said that was impossible I gave them times & dates. They looked them up & said I was right, No chit!  I have only been called once after that but got out of it because I was the 24/7 care giver to my wife.

Edited by hunter49
  • Like 1

Elmo , the grand jury is made up of I believe 23 people , you only need a majority of IIRC somewhere around 18 to send a defendant  to trial. We had " one guy" who every time he raised his hand or spoke , 22 people rolled  their eyes or face palmed . 

Fortunately 22-1 was enough or many would never had gone to trail.