Drove a sled i shouldn't have

Any itch to sledding around Rochester should be gone after the past few winters. So little snow. I know driving north east it is still pretty good, though.

You know what? I've never even touched a snowmobile. And I hate that, but I never have. Isn't that sad?

Edited by Core

18 minutes ago, Core said:

Any itch to sledding around Rochester should be gone after the past few winters. So little snow. I know driving north east it is still pretty good, though.

You know what? I've never even touched a snowmobile. And I hate that, but I never have. Isn't that sad?

it's all in where you're at.  someone on the southern coast might think it's crazy some of us don't scuba dive.  if they saw Maine drivers suit up before going in they'd know why. lol

....some with more lake effect snow than others.  out here with the adirondacks and vt mountain ranges snow is somewhere long enough.  still snow covered trails in VT within an hour drive of here that aren't closed for the season. 

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i have no idea but the engine has gotten praise across other snowmobile mags and organizations.  doesn't matter.  i just know that if you beat my sled i let off or we're both stupid.

i just know that if you beat my sled i let off or we're both stupid.

Those were the nights i remember the most when i rode as much as i could .

When I grew up on the sacandaga lake I rode my sled every single day. I rode it to school, work and to friends houses. It was my transportation for the winter months for years before I could drive. If you know the trail systems, you can go a long dang ways on a sled in that area. I rode my sled from Northville to Ft. Plain and even Saratoga on multiple occasions to catch my girlfriends basketball games. Me and some buddies would always take a few days and venture up north past speculator and just keep riding till we felt like turning back.

If you didn't ride sleds up there it's pretty unusual. But where I live now, it's not nearly as popular. We have some trails here, but nothing like back home.

• Like 2