Question on VHS tapes

maytom

I have over 20 Turkey hunting VHS tapes that I can't use anymore since my VHS deck crapped out. All are in mint condition.

So my question is what to do with them now? I see where you can get them converted over to the DVD format but it costs $15.00 for each one.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions to do with them?

See a lot of vhs tapes at amvets store. They also had a vhs player on the shelf for about $10.00

I think the converters run about $300.00. Not to long ago I had to throw a bunch out. Nobody watches vhs anymore that I know of.

not to side track this thread but my wife has been using her digital camera to video old 8m family films and loading them on the computer, she is going to make cd's of them to give to all her siblings. Like Steve D said you can probably find a good used vcr at Goodwill or the Amvets stores, or C-list. I think I sill have a 19" tv with a built in vcr PM me, you can have it.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, vizslas said:

what converter . you just plug them into the video and audio rca plugs . ha mine works and i have hunting videos and lots of war tapes. things like The Dirty Dozen and WWII documentarys

The VHS To DVD Converter.

The VHS To DVD Converter.

This is the device that easily preserves cherished home movies before they are lost forever by transferring analog VHS recordings to digital DVD discs. The entire process requires little more than inserting the source cassette and a blank DVD and following onscreen step-by-step prompts. The finished DVDs play on any disc player or computer, allowing you to easily share precious memories with family and friends or upload videos to social media. A front DV input can be used to transfer content from a camcorder directly to a DVD. The converter also operates as a fully functional DVD/VHS player/recorder and

connects to virtually any television via

component cables and a universal remote control. Not compatible with Blu-Ray. 4" H x 17" W x 10 1/2" D. (9 1/2 lPrice $299.84007_380x380.jpg

component, S-video, coaxial, and HDMI jacks. Includes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Edited by Steve D

Look around the web to see if these specific VHS tapes might already be available on DVD format. Usually less expensive than having them transferred to DVD or buying a $$ converter for such a limited use.

Old VHS players are a dime/dozen. I have one I'm going to throw away. Assuming it still works since I haven't used it in ~10yrs.