So how about these gas prices?

Geno C

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of coarse... My supra has turbo the size of watermelon lol. I have a tuner who is going to dyno tune it to e85

He is going to tune it on pump again and also E85. so i will have 2 preloaded maps in my AEM. ive done alot of research on E85. my fuel system is setup for it but will max out at around 650rwhp with my 1000cc injectors. I just bought 1600cc which are good for over 900 and my twin walbro pumps are good for 850rwhp on E85. i will use a good amount of fuel but it will be wayyyyy cheaper for me then race gas. Im not sure how efficient and economical it is for a factory car to use flex fuel but i know for force inducted cars its a very good way to be able to turn the boost up with fuel t the pump and its cost effective in comparison to race gas.

my luck is when i am ready to have the car tuned E85 will be over $4 a gal lol  :;)

i modified my post above. yeah well its equivalent to moonshine. it is moon shine with 15% gas. there are crs also running E100 which is moonshine... but a retune is NEEDED eitherway i slice it, one my injectors are BIGGER and 2 im running a alternate fuel on top pf raising the boost so a tune is with out question.

It amazes me how we can send a man to the moon... but haven't figured out in 100 years of the automobile how to make an engine that gets 100- 200 miles per gallon... or come up with an alternative fuel that makes sense... we have been talking about getting away from the grip of foriegn oil since the early 70's... 40 years later we are no closer to an alternative than we were then. very sad

^^Ancient Aliens... thats how we put a man on the moon lol

maybe they do have this technology but they would rather charge up the wahzoo for gas and oil, because they can.

i wonder if anyone is below 3.50/gal for regular right now?

It amazes me how we can send a man to the moon... but haven't figured out in 100 years of the automobile how to make an engine that gets 100- 200 miles per gallon... or come up with an alternative fuel that makes sense... we have been talking about getting away from the grip of foriegn oil since the early 70's... 40 years later we are no closer to an alternative than we were then. very sad

Its not that we haven't figured it out, i'm sure the technology is out there. Its that the oil companys have a strong hold on our government preventing it from happening. If a care got 200 miles to the gallon that would mean less money spent at the pump and less money in the oil companies pockets.

Exactly... It's crazy really. I heard that if they started pulling from our reserves it would take 10 years to see the benefits? I'm not sure if it's true but I'm not sure if I believe that

Oil and Gas = Greed & Money

It's all about the money.  Wouldn't it be great if we drilled and opened up the oil field we have here in the USA and sold that to China... I'll bet our GDP could go to the plus side in a hurry.

We might see $5/gal this summer if the unrest in the Middle East continues.  I'm gettin' out my bicycle - I could stand to loose a few pounds (like 40#'s).

I have a flex fuel Taho. This is the first year where it make sense to use the flex fuel. I'm getting it at .80 cents cheaper than regular. Still it's,over 3 bucks a gallon!

But your fuel mileage goes down the tubes, and you cant tow anything using the E85. It doesnt actually work out.

And your car doesnt know you put E85 in the tank, it calculates your range by looking at how much fuel you are consuming per mile and how much fuel you have in the tank.

Yes I get less milage but Not down the tubes. I don't tow anything? Where did that come from?

FACT:

I have filled the tank with E85 and regular gas. Without moving the truck the computer knows what gas mileage you will get by the fuel in the tank.

Burt, I was saying that you cant tow while you run E85 because you cant, just stating a fact.

The other fact is, the computer computes your range by looking at average consumption and whats in your tank. If your gas gauge isnt working right, it will be off. There is no magic E85 sensor that can adjust it lol.

Im not trying to be a jerk, just telling you how the stuff works. BTW, those mileage computers are close sometimes, but they are never dead on. The only way to figure out your real fuel mileage is to fill your tank to the very top, drive and record how many miles, then fill it back up to the very top and divide your distance by how many gallons it took to fill back up.

Like I said, my father has a Chevy S10 that is flex fuel capable and we have tested E85 and know what kind of mileage difference there was. It does not add up at the current or any previous price of E85.

Like I said the computer will tell you how far you can go on a tank of gas, flex or regular.

Original post "how about them gas prices"

Yes they are high, I love my flex fuel truck it gives me options.

For expert advice on flex fuel best go to a car forum. We do have some car experts here like Geno.

If you looking for hunting information would you post on a car forum?

My Tahoe does all the things that I stated and I love the "FLEXibility" of the truck.

I have a flex fuel Taho. This is the first year where it make sense to use the flex fuel. I'm getting it at .80 cents cheaper than regular. Still it's,over 3 bucks a gallon!

But your fuel mileage goes down the tubes, and you cant tow anything using the E85. It doesnt actually work out.

And your car doesnt know you put E85 in the tank, it calculates your range by looking at how much fuel you are consuming per mile and how much fuel you have in the tank.

Yes I get less milage but Not down the tubes. I don't tow anything? Where did that come from?

FACT:

I have filled the tank with E85 and regular gas. Without moving the truck the computer knows what gas mileage you will get by the fuel in the tank.

The only "FACT" is the fuel tank sending unit registers the level in the tank (whether it be reg, E85, water or anything else that increases it) the onboard computer then calculates the "estimated" amount, distant that can be traveled, etc. based on the last MPG rating the computer registered before the fill up...................it then recalibrates as you drive.

There is absolutely nothing that tells the vehicle what is being put for fuel........................automatically. Even if it did, the computer would still recalibrate as you drive. Hell, I could pour a bucket of marbles in the tank and change the reading on the gauge and fool the computer, it works on volume.

FDXX75

I'm not sure you meant that Burt, bu I wasn't looking for car advice lol. I already know my car and what it's capable of. I was just looking for others input on fuel prices. I know you went be sarcastic, probably. But I wasn't looking for car advice here on the forum. I belong to supraforums for years and that's where the car info comes from. But I am glad to see you are enjoying your flex fuel. As long as you are who cares what anyone else says...

Burt, I was saying that you cant tow while you run E85 because you cant, just stating a fact.

The other fact is, the computer computes your range by looking at average consumption and whats in your tank. If your gas gauge isnt working right, it will be off. There is no magic E85 sensor that can adjust it lol.

Im not trying to be a jerk, just telling you how the stuff works. BTW, those mileage computers are close sometimes, but they are never dead on. The only way to figure out your real fuel mileage is to fill your tank to the very top, drive and record how many miles, then fill it back up to the very top and divide your distance by how many gallons it took to fill back up.

Like I said, my father has a Chevy S10 that is flex fuel capable and we have tested E85 and know what kind of mileage difference there was. It does not add up at the current or any previous price of E85.

407643-can_of_worms.jpg

Dang WNYBuckHunter, you done gone and got somebodies knickers in a knot...................................LOL.

FDXX75

I'm not sure you meant that Burt, bu I wasn't looking for car advice lol. I already know my car and what it's capable of. I was just looking for others input on fuel prices. I know you went be sarcastic, probably. But I wasn't looking for car advice here on the forum. I belong to supraforums for years and that's where the car info comes from. But I am glad to see you are enjoying your flex fuel. As long as you are who cares what anyone else says...

Geno,

I have seen some of you posts on other threads and it seems that you really know your stuff when it comes to cars.

Loved the videos also.

FACT:

The only "FACT" is the fuel tank sending unit registers the level in the tank (whether it be reg, E85, water or anything else that increases it) the onboard computer then calculates the "estimated" amount, distant that can be traveled, etc. based on the last MPG rating the computer registered before the fill up...................it then recalibrates as you drive.

There is absolutely nothing that tells the vehicle what is being put for fuel........................automatically. Even if it did, the computer would still recalibrate as you drive. Hell, I could pour a bucket of marbles in the tank and change the reading on the gauge and fool the computer, it works on volume.

FDXX75

The fuel sensor picks up the texture of the fuel, it knows the difference between reg gas and E85. Three different Chevy dealers all the same answer.

I move on now.

Good day.

Since I started carrying vaseline in the truck with me, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.  ;D  (twisted...)

It's starting to pinch me now...I try to consolidate trips more...trying to knock out grocies with maybe a stop at gander on the way back from work rather than making a weekend trip to each place.