So how about these gas prices?

Geno C

It's enough to make one vomit profusely. On a good note though,the wife and I were talking about this last night,and she mentioned selling the house here in Pa. and only keeping what needs keeping,move up to the cabin in NY and live like hermits! I told her "I love you woman"!

What she don't understand is,that I could do just that and get along with it! They really need to do something about these prices,as the economy is already in a heep of doodoo.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks-WNY.

I do have to agree we have to drill more in this country. http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news/economy/oil_shale_bakken/index.htm

You read stories like this and wonder why it is taking so long to move of off fossil fuels. The govt. knows what this country is sitting on. The gas is there we just have to get at it in a safe manner.

Same holds true for the natural gas in N.Y. I also believe we still need to move in the direction of Alternative energy. Keep research going and make it an affordable choice for the homeowner. Interesting point about the refineries.

From top to bottom, lately scam is written all over it. Who do you trust? We only import 2% oil  from Libya and it has such a great effect. You want me to pay more taxes, then let me know how my kid is getting a better education with all the proposed cuts? Let me know what is being put forth to get us off of oil, or at least a plan. Obama said it a few years ago, the country that leads in alternative energy in the 20th century will lead the world." Well Mr. President you haven't done much, have you..........

Like you said we only import 2% from them. One of these buffoons need to get to the facts about this gas increase. The fact is GREED. I think it was Exxon that made 9 billion dollars in it's last quarter. If I owned 5000 shares of that stock at the current price of $84. a share = nice $420,000 I would laugh all the way to the bank. I would be anxious for it to get to $100 . a share. Rich get richer!!!This country is so corrupt they should make a reality show called  Idiots and Buffoons of North America. I think I seen somewhere there is more oil under the Rockies than all the Middle East combined. Trillion barrels? What are we waiting for. There has to be very strict guidelines on drilling in that area as it is a place of natural beauty.     

Remember how this country came into existence (revolution) The rich get richer and the poor remain poor. What middle class? I see the stock market is still doing fairly good. The price of gas has little relevance when you have deep pockets. This country needs a fresh start as it did in 1776.

Donald Trump for pres. First objective, "Congress, Senate, you're fired!"

U.S. gov't now accepting applications.

Remember how this country came into existence (revolution) The rich get richer and the poor remain poor. What middle class? I see the stock market is still doing fairly good. The price of gas has little relevance when you have deep pockets. This country needs a fresh start as it did in 1776.

Donald Trump for pres. First objective, "Congress, Senate, you're fired!"

U.S. gov't now accepting applications.

Game On!!!! This country needs to be run like a business. If you can't do your job somebody will take your place. Darwin's Theory  Survival of the Fittest.

Idea to drive gas prices down, this was sent to me. the plan is we must stop buying gas from the 2 big guys Exxon & Mobil they will reduce their price because of low/no sales & the other guys will follow their lead lowering all gas prices. When Exxon & Mobil get down to $2.00 per gal. then we can buy theirs again if need be. The key to this working is we need to pass this on to as many people as possible across the country(e-mail). This idea is better than a total day-week long boycott which will never work & this might over time. Don't shoot the messager!!  lol

Good hopefully others to follow. The U.S. needs to take care of it's own business. I need to see where it's written in the constitution or the United Nations somewhere that the U.S. is the executive police force of the world. U.S. Needs to worry about it's own domestic affairs.

• 1 month later...

Very recently I read that the European cost for a gallon of gas is $9.69 (adjusted to U.S. dollars). When we start approaching that level, I think our entire lifestyle, and economy will be seriously and negatively impacted. And yet there seems to be nobody of any power that is actually concerned. What do you suppose these kinds of petro-costs are doing to inflation? Aside from our own personal finances, just about every purchase here and abroad are impacted by gas. These inflationary pressures are not being ignored by those that hire us. One would think that there might be some extreme pressures brought to bear on oil producing nations to pull in the reins of this warfare on our economy. It's getting to be time that we start attaching some strings to our overly generous taxpayer funded foriegn financial and technological assistance to these countries before our entire economy becomes trashed. It may also be time to quit merely shrugging our shoulders, and start explaining to our legislators that we expect this problem to start receiving some attention.

I can see retail outlets taking a hit because we can shop for tons of things online not having to drive. My Jeep kept well tuned should get 18mpg but with this ethenol crap probably what 15-16. Trying to get into the habit of hitting needed stores in one run or after work. Sounds easy enough but convenience runs are something of an old habit. Times like these I kinda miss my 30mpg topaz.