QUESTION ON REDFIELD PROPERTY

607 HUNTER

3 hours ago, vtpainter said:

I have a camp in northern part of Redfield. Here is what i have found after being there 7 yrs.The snow is brutal, usually not to after Thanksgiving.When deep snow comes, the deer leave where I hunt.There are deer there but you really have to work for them. I have gone 3-4 days without seeing any.Bear are almost non existing. To shoot a 3 and 1/2 yr old .You will go a long time without a deer.We have got 9 buck since we started hunting it.(3guys),but only 2 would be that old.If you like to snowmobile, you are in the best area you can be.Buy the land and enjoy all the other things that go with it.Salmon river fishing,etc.We love our camp and I could. not be happier.

Thanks for sharing you're knowledge of the area.

I didn't think hunting could get worse then the state land I hunt in the Souther tier ,we normally get 2-3 bucks out of 8 guys a year there.

That is dissapointing to hear about the small population of bears.

Ever try a food plot up there to bring in more deer on you're property ? I am thinking a 2-3 acre plot in the middle of all that forest would be pretty successful. 

Thank you everyone for your input on this. I walked the property today and it is unfortunate to say, but it is not the property for me. 

The property was about 75% swamp, I found a couple "Islands" of trees with dry land I would have really have liked to hunt, besides that the rest was a bust. 
The current owner is a heavy equipment operator and has 4 buildings on the edge of the property to store and work on his equipment, I I could see that being major noise factors during hunting season or just trying to enjoy some quiet time. 

The search continues for a property for my family and I to hopefully have before this hunting season !!

The owner was a true gentleman and would be a fun neighbor, if this property fits anyone else feel free to PM me and I will give you his contact info.

Edited by 607 HUNTER
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

The right one v will come along. Now you know the reason for the price...

You got that right Grow, I honestly am still trying to sell myself on the property just because it is a dream price and amount of acreage.

But then I remember what I just seen today, and theres NO WAY LOL . 

Thanks for the optimism Grow, I really hope the right place comes up this year !

Hope you find a nice dpot.

UNTIL You do, Buy a tent with a woodstove.

Swampy land can be good.....

Check with the Dec about tree removal.  Over an acre needs a permit.  They might not like where you cut.  Worth asking.

Cut a bunch of trees right before hunting season.  Might be some good bait to the area.

Deer are not logger shy.  They'll be back the next day.

• 1 month later...

607 or others

If you are still looking for Redfield. We will be looking to sell about 50 acres this year between Waterbury road bridge and Fox Road, West of McCaw Road and east of Salmon River. Dad is 97 years old and has moved west this past year.

90% Rolling Hills w/ Hard and Soft Wood

10% Swamp