I have a friend that inherited some rifles and shotguns.. Some I am familiar with but some I am not . she will be selling these but I am looking for estimates on price and any info I can pass along to find age ext...

Browning auto5 12ga. Excellent condition.

Remington 11-48 12 ga excellent condition

Ithica model 37 16ga.featherweight.  sling added almost excellent condition.

What I believe to be a Norinko sks. Has folding bayonets. Only found Some Chinese characters stamped on it.  And some 5 digit number stamped on side of but of stock.used but. Very good condition. 

Any help on info or where to look for info appreciated.

Not to burst your bubble but auto5 is one of the ugliest shotguns I have ever seen yet they are still pricey, about $800 if in good condition. I wouldn't buy it for a $50... OK, ok I would buy it for $50 just to sell it for $500 :-)

Like Steve said, use gunbroker as a gauge. Good luck.

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

I have a friend that inherited some rifles and shotguns.. Some I am familiar with but some I am not . she will be selling these but I am looking for estimates on price and any info I can pass along to find age ext...

Browning auto5 12ga. Excellent condition.

Remington 11-48 12 ga excellent condition

Ithica model 37 16ga.featherweight.  sling added almost excellent condition.

What I believe to be a Norinko sks. Has folding bayonets. Only found Some Chinese characters stamped on it.  And some 5 digit number stamped on side of but of stock.used but. Very good condition. 

Any help on info or where to look for info appreciated.

You/she should be able to get an approx. age on the guns via serial numbers...........get that and hang some pics and I bet we can come up with a good idea.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, bkln said:

Not to burst your bubble but auto5 is one of the ugliest shotguns I have ever seen yet they are still pricey, about $800 if in good condition. I wouldn't buy it for a $50... OK, ok I would buy it for $50 just to sell it for $500 :-)

Like Steve said, use gunbroker as a gauge. Good luck.

I think A-5s are BEAUTIFUL, and they handle like a dream !!  Never used one that I did not shoot well with !

You're probably one of those misguided souls who thinks that the TC Encore/Contenders are attractive..<<YUCK !!>>...

Just jerkin' your chain...Beauty is truly in the eye of the beerholder....<<grin>>....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Right. I'm holding' a beer in one hand and my Belgian Sweet Sixteen in the other. LOL. 

Right ON, Bugsy  !!  I am holding a beer in one hand and my Belgian Light  20 in the other  !!

On the OTHER hand, my first A-5 was  a  3" Mag 12, and that was a great shotgun also... Killed a bunch of turkeys, ducks and geese with it, and also a few hundred crows , since that was back in my crow hunting days...I had a 2/34" handload featuring 1 1/4 oz. of # 6 or 7 1/2 shot that was pure poison on crows way out to past 40 yards.. It cycled the 3" action..

Good memories  !!

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Right ON, Bugsy  !!  I am holding a beer in one hand and my Belgian Light  20 in the other  !!

On the OTHER hand, my first A-5 was  a  3" Mag 12, and that was a great shotgun also... Killed a bunch of turkeys, ducks and geese with it, and also a few hundred crows , since that was back in my crow hunting days...I had a 2/34" handload featuring 1 1/4 oz. of # 6 or 7 1/2 shot that was pure poison on crows way out to past 40 yards.. It cycled the 3" action..

Good memories  !!

I am looking for a browning a5 belgium 20g for my daughter. I have a few years to keep shopping but last one I saw was at cabelas and it was $1300/1400 can't remember exact price.

40 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I am looking for a browning a5 belgium 20g for my daughter. I have a few years to keep shopping but last one I saw was at cabelas and it was $1300/1400 can't remember exact price.

I bought mine from a friend for $600...It has been drilled/tapped for a receiver sight, so it would not bring top  dollar, but it is a mid 1950s Belgian and is  in very good condition ...Shoots good.....Kills bunny rabbits.... 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 4:24 PM, Lawdwaz said:

On a side note........I saw a buck that I ASSUME was shot by the G-Man at the WNY Outdoor show today. Dandy buck G!

Yes it was shot by me..lol

On 3/11/2017 at 10:29 PM, Lawdwaz said:

You/she should be able to get an approx. age on the guns via serial numbers...........get that and hang some pics and I bet we can come up with a good idea.

Working on gettig numbers and pics

2 hours ago, Daveboone said:

for all of them, a bunch of factors besides condition: barrel length, type of choke (chokes, if variable) ventilated ribs? buck barrels or bird barrels?

Will prolly be the weekend as out schedules don't match and she is not.familiar with guns at all..

On 3/11/2017 at 10:05 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is it a Belgium Browning? Duck hunters love the A5s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe so ..light a5 I only had a brief period to look at them as she can only show me when kids not home... A little to much interest in them by kids.. Kept under lock and key.. Will get more info soon . has several other Remington shotguns as well 1100, 11-87, 870.. Some are buck barreled and some are vent rib fixed chokes.. Just listed ones I thought would sell fastest for her and for most $.. Eventually all will be sold..

Edited by G-Man

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

Aren't the A5's notorious for kicking like a mule ? Pretty sure my brother has one in a 12 and said it hurts to shoot. I'd hate for your daughter get to turned off to shooting by recoil if that's the case.

41 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Aren't the A5's notorious for kicking like a mule ? Pretty sure my brother has one in a 12 and said it hurts to shoot. I'd hate for your daughter get to turned off to shooting by recoil if that's the case.

Thats why i was looking at a 20g. I suppose if it kicked too hard I could give it a try. I think they are a really cool gun and always wanted one.  Just a bucket list gun more than anything. My dad bought my first shotgun, a  remmington 1100 12 gauge I still have today. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a 16ga A5, it was a Belgium but not a sweet 16. I traded it for a NIB 11-87 about 20 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother had a sweet 16 back in the day but traded it for a couple cases of Genny Pounders lol dumb ass..

• Like 1