Get used to the heat – forecaster says it’s here to stay

Mr VJP

Get used to the heat – forecaster says it’s here to  stay

[table][tr][td]

[table][tr]          [td]              height=137 width=106

http://midhudsonnews.com/News/Images_things/Accuwx_map_det-Jul10.jpg[/img]          [/td]        [/tr][/table]     

STATE  COLLEGE PA – A true heat wave is underway.  That’s defined as at least  three straight days of temperatures in the 90s.  This one is expected  to last at least through Thursday before there is any relief.

AccuWeather.com  reports the core of the summer heat beginning in July will be centered  in the Northeastern portion of the U.S., with scorching temperatures  sizzling the major cities through the end of August.

Temperatures  will be above normal from Washington, D.C., to New York City July  through August, with many days ranging from the upper 80s to the  mid-90s F, perhaps even hitting 100 degrees.

"The  Northeastern region has a chance to really cook in July," said  AccuWeather.com Chief Long-Range Meteorologist Joe Bastardi. "It's  possible for record-breaking warmth during the first half of July."

Average  temperatures bringing uncomfortable heat through the end of the summer  could rival some of the hottest temperatures ever recorded across the  eastern half of the nation. The area around the Great Lakes will also  be feeling the heat.

According to the Old Farmer's  Almanac, the "dog days" of summer are the hottest days of the summer  season, usually occurring between early July and early September. The  almanac puts the timing of the "dog days" for this summer beginning  Saturday, July 3, and lasting through Wednesday, Aug. 11.

The  terminology "dog days" was started by the Greeks, who believed the star  by the name of Sirius, also known as the dog star, caused the weather  to be very hot.[/td][/tr][/table]

Yes, just remember these days next winter when we are up to our necks in blowing and drifting white-outs. you will wish they were back. However, I have to admit that I have no use for days that imprison me to the air conditioning. It's pretty darn hard to concentrate on bow practice when you have that trickle of sweat running down the middle of your back and dripping off the end of your nose.....lol. I sure did enjoy the past week where the temps hung around 70.

Doc

I was upstate this whole weekend..

The nights were great, cool breeze temp. around 58-62.

The days were scorching.

I took a trip over to Mine Kill State Park to swim in the pool for a while , i was there for about 3 hours.

I had spf 30 on and still got a wicked painful sunburn.

I just got home and the thermostat in my car was reading 92 degrees..

This is going to be a  bad one..

Hope it doesnt last too long.

cut lawn and planted another row of beans, watered a few plants,moved a kids toy out of the fenced in area. Now I need 6 guys to help me move a 15ft trampoline over the fence so I can put a swing set together.