?? Where did the Snow / Weather thread go ??

fasteddie

I came here specifically to post a local update on that thread. What's up?

Did another Mod fall asleep on their keyboard again and push the wrong buttons? :rolleyes: (Sorry guys, and thank you for your service)

Anyhow, there is about ten inches out there now with no wind. I'll fire up the Kubota soon and bring a bucket of firewood to the house just for something to do.

Took three ties to get up the driveway this AM. Idk another solid ten inches since I did it prior to,heading to work at 3:00 pm yesterday . I waiting till just before heading in again tonight to do it .

Bad roads but easy commute as I'm always going opposite folks with " day" jobs" . Honestly my commute went from around 20 minutes in dry weather to around 25 . Four door sedan , don't even run snow tires .

51 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

It was reported 20" in Webster this morning Larry.  have about another 4" since then.  hard to tell with drifting but I wouldn't be surprised at 2'.  Our office parking lot is comical.  Nice to have a truck now.

I'm using my wife's car. That way if I get stuck I can just abandon it, and if it gets hit , hey not my problem .  

Oldest daughter is staying here to watch dog as im on nights. She's been making it to Strong and back fine. 4 good snow tires and front wheel drive, helps a lot.

Most accidents we go to and stuck  folks we help push out of snow banks, almost always have worn out all seasons....

• Like 1

30+ inches here. Drifts, 6+ feet. Wind still gusting over 40mph. Looks like a couple more snow bands, moving in from the west. After work, back to snowblowing, because of the drifts. Snowblower is getting a little wonky. Will have to see what's up with that before the next storm. Overall, everything worked out well. No major issues here. And only 5 days till spring!!!

Another thought,

When you would like to see a thread "disappear", they go on for page after page. The same points made over, and over. Now the "snow thread" was cool! Seeing how different areas were affected by the storm and how members were dealing with it. No bashing or disagreements.  And just like that,....."poof".......gone!  Perhaps in the future, when threads have run their course, and become redundant. Could someone use the "poof" button again?

• Like 3

Okay this is getting ridiculous. It's a light snow but it just keeps coming down. I'm going to have to plow so that I can run for more food and beer tomorrow. Oh the humanity.

I talked to a couple of friends in Florida and Arizona, but apparently if you're under sixty years old you can't join the club. Two years to go!! I'll stay here and fight it out anyway.