?? Where did the Snow / Weather thread go ??

fasteddie

cf8bb012b30b2f0ae11dd016ea02b0d3.jpg

I didn't make time to take a measurement this morning (eye says we're a little over two feet), but it's a shocking photo when I place this image next to the memory of zero inches of snow just two days ago.

Gotta pull some of that snow off the roof this evening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking it was pretty entertaining yesterday as I sat in the snowbelt north of Syracuse and could still see grass as it was hitting PA and such. Well it's getting us caught up now. I had about 26-28 as of 9am and lake effect coming now. So this is almost a respectable snowfall by my standards.

I like to judge the snowfall by how many times Rupert has to pace back and forth to knock down a spot to relieve him self without squatting in snow ,last night he was up to 4. It's so funny to watch.

Edited by Jeremy K

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm pissed!!

Whoever swiped my thread better damn well bring it back.  The clock is counting down..........10, 9, 8, 7............

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm Whoever swiped my thread better damn well bring it back.  The clock is counting down..........10, 9, 8, 7............

Last time I read that thread, Biz was stranded on a train in NYC.. Wonder how he made out?

• Like 1

I have a snow rake and if it builds up too much , I may get the rake out and pull some down . I have done that the past few years . When the snow drops 10 - 12 feet it packs and is even a pain to try to move with the snow blower . If the snow is the heavy stuff and deep , it can be quite heavy . 

• Like 1

When we get winters where it does not warm up and melt off and on, and after 10+ feet of snow accumulates and packs it's a good idea get some down or I get ice build ups, leaks and all kinds of stupid shit happens. I should have done a steel roof but our dumb ass house has the garage where half the whole house would have the snow slide off in front of the doors. Guess I could just have an excuse to buy a Bobcat then!!

• Like 2

looks like  West Winfield (42 inches) got the most snow.
i noticed a few of you saying your going to clean the snow off the roof? how serious of a problem is this from what i can tell i got about two feet up by my house. 

Depends on how well your house was built and designed. If your house was built to code standards you should be fine. I never think much of it until there's 3ft or more on the roof. That's a lot of weight. Ive never lived in a house that I truly needed to worry but it's a piece of mind thing for a lot of people.

I did have to clean the roof off of my chicken coop run. The coop itself is fine but I built the run last summer with nothing more than scrap wood I had from old projects and I kinda tossed it together pretty quick. I'm gonna need to reenforce it a little this summer but it was holding 30 inches of snow with just a little sag in it. I am incredibly impressed by the pvc translucent roof panels I used for half the roof though. I was kneeling up on it to reach the snow and it bowed and crackled but never broke. I didn't expect that kinda strength.
  • Like 1

We got 31.3" in less than 24 hours here in the Binghamton area. Our prize? A-hole Cuomo drove here even though there was a travel ban just to get on the news and report we got a lot of snow and he will send 100 national guard plows and loaders to help us with removal. Whoopee !!!!

• Like 2

We got 31.3" in less than 24 hours here in the Binghamton area. Our prize? A-hole Cuomo drove here even though there was a travel ban just to get on the news and report we got a lot of snow and he will send 100 national guard plows and loaders to help us with removal. Whoopee !!!!

Maybe that's where they ship the snow? When I was at work today in NYC. I saw them filling up dump trucks full of snow in no time using giant backhoes.

• Like 1

Just add it to the piles. The 7 inches of snow you guys got in NYC won't hurt us up here. It's supposed to be in the 40's and 50's here in a few weeks so then it will all flow back south. 

I read somewhere once that is cost around $2 million per inch to remove snow in NYC. Crazy

11 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Just lining up his cards in a row.  A tax payer paid run for the White House.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Just lining up his cards in a row.  A tax payer paid run for the White House.

He is nothing more than your usual shameless political,just keeping spending taxpayer money and telling the people he knows whats best for us.NO THANKS kumho

17 hours ago, catskillkid said:

Is anyone in the Sidney / Franklin area, how much snow did we get?

Unadilla got 26, Oneonta 33.4. In Burlington had at least 36. You got robbed. 

http://www.weather.gov/bgm/pastWinterMarch142017

My brother is a few miles north in West Winfield.  I congratulated him on being #1.

My next roof will be steel. At least the misses was up on the roof to help yesterday. There was 4 feet on the south side. She is only 4-9 so that was fun.  

Edited by Curmudgeon
Auto correct
  • Like 2