Kubota Tractors

I own a 35 HP...    They are great machines..   very reliable and built to last..   Also pretty easy to work on for someone that does not a ton about diesel,etc...  

I also have a New Holland that is when a year or 2 of being the same age and in a similar HP..    The power difference, especially with the PTO is night and day...    I don't dislike the New Holland, but the Kubota is far superior.

• Like 1

The Mermaid has a zero turn Kubota mower that she "allows"  me to mow about 5 acres around  her pond and trailer on her Tuscarora property. She bought it used several years ago and it has been a good machine.. Other than replacing a couple of tires we have had no problems with it...

• Like 1

I bought a used L3000, and love it.  I've heard the L series called "the Toyota Tacoma of tractors", meaning they're workhorses, reliable and last for years.  Used mine to brush-hog, grade my driveway, plow snow, rototill, move stone, skid logs,  and pull my dump trailer.  It's easy to use, good on fuel, and the right size for what I need.  Can't see how you could go wrong with a Kubota, especially the older ones.  I don't have any experience with any of the models with hydrostatic transmissions, but mine will run most 5-6 foot implements.

I'll be adding a set of spring or disc harrows to my fleet this year, and possibly a 3pt hitch wood chipper.  

• Like 2

I have had Kubotas-a 2000 BX 2200 that I traded in 2009 on a B2620. The BX had 1257 hours on it when I got rid of it-normal maintenance, and I had to change the power steering hoses-that's it!

The 2620 now has 750 or so hours on it-not a single problem. I have a loader on it, and have a 54" bush hog, a 60" finish mower, a rake and a back blade. I also use a 60" tiller for my food plots-it's really too if for the tractor but I get the job done.

I look at Kubotas like Leupold scopes- they are the gold standard of compact tractors. I won't bash other brands, but you can't go wrong with a Kubota! I also have an RTV 900.

Will

• Like 1

It has been more than 10 years since I bought a new tractor.  Kubota had been number one in US compact tractor sales for a long time and their quality and resale are legendary.  At that time, John Deere still used American made engines in their largest compacts.  These were Tier 3, JD Powertech engines.  That was the deciding factor for me, but having a close dealer, and getting a slightly better price on the green tractor also came into play.  These days, John Deere has chose to use Japanese engines made by Yanmar corp in all of their compact tractors, rather than developing their own small, Tier 4 engine.  I would not be surprised to see that situation change in the next few years. 

I have not operated Kubotas, other than the one that I test drove back at that time (A 43 hp, Grand L series). I remember it being very good.   I will be spending some time on a new one, starting this year, because my father in law just got a smaller one up at his Adirondack camp (aprox 30 hp).  He had a fuel issue with it up there while clearing the heavy snow last week.  He was able to straighten it out with a new fuel filter, and bleeding the injectors.  That glitch was caused by bad or frozen fuel and would have occured with any brand tractor.  Aside from that, he is very impressed with the ability of that small, 4 wd loader tractor, both while pushing snow and pulling logs.  I can't wait to try it out myself.  A compact 4wd loader tractor is a lot handier than an ATV for hauling deer out of the woods.

• Like 1

I just bought a 60 hp Massey. I looked at Kubota, NH, Deere too. I am a research guy. I over analysis everything. 

Dollar for dollar Kubota and Massey are your best bet of the big 4. The only reason I went Massey was I have great dealer 7 miles away. I also bought mine out of state no tax free delivery for under 25 and the dealer will honor the warranty.  What I liked about Kubota is a lot of aftermarket attachments fit with ease. Massey is not as freindly but still good. I don't know your budget but another tractor to look at is Kioti. It sounds like you are going to use a lot of attachments. What I liked about them was they also had lever at the back of the tractor by the 3 point hitch that you can raise and lower while the arms when working alone. Makes it easier to make connections. If the tractor is at a camp the number 1 thing to look for is a dealer. See who all your neighbors are using. That will tell you who is close and good. Again I am a researcher so I break down everything to the nuts and bolts. Why not it's my money and more importantly my time

• Like 2

I got a 2011 L3200 4wd hydrostatic.  I like the hydrostatic especially since I got a low HP model.  Infinite speed.  Perfect for my snowblower.   Newer than 2012 I think they got catalytic converters and electronic fuel injection.  So, this could be a whole new ball game.

I've only had 2 issues with the tractor.  I was insistent on getting a block heater, although my dealer hesistated.  It leaked right off the bat, so they came back and fixed it.  It's the one that goes in the freeze plug.

The other issue started today, the rpm gauge stopped.  Didn't look into it yet.  That was on the big snow storm wednesday.

Sometimes the safety switch can get annoying. 

I live on the side of a mountain, so I bought Ag tires.  So, I am limited to what I can do and where.  I am moving to a huge yard area, so I wished I had R4's or even turf tires.

Don't discredit the BX series either.  I could of bought a front loaded and back hoe for a touch more htna I paid for a bare tractor with front loader.  I've seen those little guys do amazing things.  They also say the BX series is a bit tougher to flip over.

Alot of folks think you need a 50hp tractor to do food plots.  I have read that a few places.   It's not true.   If you want ot do 10 acres of corn, yeah OK then.

A nice implement on the back of an ATV can do alot.  A new tractor is alot of dough to spend....   Mine's only got 150 hours after 5 years of doing firewood, driveway maintenance, and some food plotting. I could of had a half dozen moose hunts for the same price.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your input!  Tractor shopping has been a very difficult task.  I'm glad I have taken my time.  So many makes, lots of options to pick from.  I am leaning towards the Kubota.  It will have a factory cab and loader.  It will be used for clearing snow, harvesting fire wood, bigger food plots, bush hogging and many more tasks.  I've researched the internet, visited many dealerships, and I really value opinions of owners of all makes and models.  I'll keep looking.  Thanks again all!

4 hours ago, SplitG2 said:

only heard good things about Kubota but I went with the other orange tractor Kioti.  Extremely happy with the Kioti.

I like the Kioti also.  Unfortunately the closest dealer is over 60 miles away.

The Kubota B7500 in my avatar came from my Dad who bought it lightly used from another gentleman. My Dad is not big on preventive maintenance with equipment like tractors and proceeded to punish the poor thing for ten years with hard bucket work and brush-hogging. When I took the keys five years ago I gave it a thorough inspection, and other than changing the oil and hydraulic fluid she was still good to go. The only way I can describe it: It's a very STOUT machine for its size. I could probably sell it today for about what my Dad paid for it 15 years ago. I have no experience with the newer ones.

• Like 1

Guy in town bought a brand new 50HP Kioti last spring.  He bought it for brush-hogging, but he had tons of trouble with the transmission and it spent most of the summer at the dealership.  They stood behind it, but it what a hassle. 

I'm not saying that Kioti is a bad brand, just passing along an issue I heard about.  I know the issues were legit, because he had contracts to do brush-hogging for the town and they didn't get done on time.  

• Like 1

I bought a new Kubota grand L GST 3130 back in 2007. It has served me well but  I had to put some money in it this year though..                                      A new Battery..     Greaty machine.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

A 9+ year old battery?  You did well!

The old original battery in mine only died after I stopped mowing my neighbor's field at high RPM every week and concentrated on pulling logs, mostly at reduced engine RPM just to cut down on the noise in the woods. Diesel engines are made to run at specific RPM, all the time, even the littler ones. I knew that but somehow let it slip. $140 penalty.

17 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Guy in town bought a brand new 50HP Kioti last spring.  He bought it for brush-hogging, but he had tons of trouble with the transmission and it spent most of the summer at the dealership.  They stood behind it, but it what a hassle. 

I'm not saying that Kioti is a bad brand, just passing along an issue I heard about.  I know the issues were legit, because he had contracts to do brush-hogging for the town and they didn't get done on time.  

Any brand can have issues and no color has been left out in past years That is why manufactures cover warranties on their products, which is only good as the  servicing dealer behind them.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I bought a "green one" new in 2011. 38 hp yanmar, hydrostatic, loader. I had a horrible first year with major issues. PTO locked up/smashed up whatever the proper term was due to a manufacturing issue, and one day, just driving along 1/2 mile back from the road, the casting for my hydro filter just fell off due to porosity. Yup, left me stranded. For the first year it was back in their shop more than I had it. As a matter of fact, it sat there split in two for 8 weeks for the manufacturer to evaluate whether it was covered by warranty or not. By the way, it had 38 hours of use at that point.

Deere made it right after all, and it's been flawless since. If I bought another, it would likely be a Kubota though.

• Like 1

I don't know much about them, never owned or operated a Kubota. But I have 2 friends that both had New Holland one was a 28hp and other was a 55hp I believe. They liked them but after a year or 2 ended up trading them in for the same thing only in Kubota.. said the Kubota was a far better machine, all the way around.. whatever that means lol. A tractor that has a bucket, a strong 3pt system and has a service dealer nearby that is reputable .. idc what the brand is (for the most part)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

For the op, it you can operate a shuttle clutch model effectively,  don't buy a hydro. 

What is a "shuttle clutch"?  I know how a hydro static works, seems most of the CUT machines are hydro these days?