One down

kpkot

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

3'00" lol

I laughed out loud in the store when I saw the 3'00". Brother got her a pink crossman 760 bb gun. Threw it in the safe for when she can fully grasp the firearm safety part.

My boys just turned 12 and received their "welcome" packet from the state. I bought theirs right before the price increase AND when they were still 3 so I think I paid $300 per kid. One is more interested than the other (twins) so getting them to BOTH do the pre-work and the safety course is my first challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

its 380$ until they reach 5 years of age then it jumps to $535. 

12 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

When does that lifetime need to be purchased before they turn 4 or 5?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I keep meaning to do so for my son but things just doesn't seem to come together.  Either he's with me but we're heading in a different direction than the licensing office or I'm heading in that direction but it's inconvenient to have him with me.  I have time though.  He's just 3.

57 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I keep meaning to do so for my son but things just doesn't seem to come together.  Either he's with me but we're heading in a different direction than the licensing office or I'm heading in that direction but it's inconvenient to have him with me.  I have time though.  He's just 3.

I didnt have daughter with me when I bought it. They said she didnt need to be. I had to have her birth certificate and my drivers license to proove residency.

• Like 1

To each their own, but to me it seems a bit premature to buy a 4 year old a lifetime hunting license.  We need to remember that not everyone grows up to be a hunter, even those who grew up in a hunting family.  You just can't force it on anyone.  If they show interest in it when they are of hunting age then by all means buy it for them then, even if it cost more then.  I am also quite reluctant to give the state of NY any of my money in advance for something like hunting privileges that are 10 years or more down the road.  Hell, this state would prefer we didn't own any guns at all, so why am I to believe that my kid will be allowed to own a gun or hunt years down the road?  I'm far from convinced thus they ain't getting any of my money at this point. 

21 minutes ago, steve863 said:

To each their own, but to me it seems a bit premature to buy a 4 year old a lifetime hunting license.  We need to remember that not everyone grows up to be a hunter, even those who grew up in a hunting family.  You just can't force it on anyone.  If they show interest in it when they are of hunting age then by all means buy it for them then, even if it cost more then.  I am also quite reluctant to give the state of NY any of my money in advance for something like hunting privileges that are 10 years or more down the road.  Hell, this state would prefer we didn't own any guns at all, so why am I to believe that my kid will be allowed to own a gun or hunt years down the road?  I'm far from convinced thus they ain't getting any of my money at this point. 

It's cheap insurance if he decides to become a hunter . It's a great idea ,I plan to buy my son a lifetime before he turns 5 as well.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I plan on buying mine and my boys before we move so we can always come back and hunt here

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Are you still making the move out of state? I remember you mentioning it before. End of hijack, sorry.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The other way I look at this is I now have a paid for contract with the state that many others do as well, this makes it that much harder for the state to take hunting away.  In addition you will always have a resident hunting license in NY even if you move away, allowing you to come back and hunt with family.

• Like 6

Are you still making the move out of state? I remember you mentioning it before. End of hijack, sorry.

If all falls in place. House is on market now if anyone is looking for a nice house in the hinsdale olean area.

Sorry for hijack.

Lifetimes in my opinion are one of the best investments hunters can make for their kids while young. State keeps raising the price and think of the money you save the kid in the long run and yourself while they are still young.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought my son his when he was 4. He is 15 now and will get many years of hunting and fishing long ago paid for! My wife bought me mine 20 plus years ago. It paid for itself in 12-13 years. And still good if we move out of state is even better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kpkot said:

I didnt have daughter with me when I bought it. They said she didnt need to be. I had to have her birth certificate and my drivers license to proove residency.

Good to know.  That changes things.  I was always under the impression he also had to be there.