Need some help pretty quick if you know your guns.

For $700, you are getting a very good price for them.  Take them all and pay the $700.  The Fox is worth about $500 on it's own.  The .35 Rem Marlin is worth at least $300.  The 03-A3 is worth at least $500 too.  All of the others are worth at least $100 each.

• Like 1

The thing is with old guns, these days they are more trouble then they're worth sometimes. What the the Safe Act in effect the hoops you need to jump through to flip them and make a buck are hardly worth it. 

I'm done being a collector. These days I'd just as soon be the seller.............

Good luck with the deal!

• Like 1

I've had so many opportunities to buy old guns over the years, but never cared to buy any.  Just never made sense to waste my time with them.  Even if I could have sold them for $200 to $300 more than I paid for them it surely wouldn't have been worth the time looking for a buyer and taking the time to show them the guns, etc.  And like Lawdwaz said these days you need to go to a FFL for the transfer which will kill another couple of hours at least.  I am not a dirt rich guy, but killing a couple of days to make a lousy $200 is not something I am interested in doing.  To each their own.

Condition, condition, condition, did I say condition? Blew the photos up to large size and I am seeing very poor condition with a lot of rust and pitting and that is on the outside. If the internals and bores are pitted up as bad as the outsides some are pretty much parts guns or beaters which still makes them worth something but not anything I would want to mess with.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I thought I could see rust on the Fox I have one in my gun cabinet my grandfather gave me and the barrel has huge pits in it probably not worth anything but means the world to me. I just love old guns I just bought a 1962 Marlin 336 in 35 Remington and am having a ball with it. Now I'm looking to add a 336 Texan and Sporting Carbine to so my Regular Carbine (in 35 R.E.M.) doesn't get lonely. New guns just aren't my thing.

• Like 1

The Marlin is precross bolt safety Sporting Carbine that should be worth $400-$500. If you are going to flip it I might be interested in it .  The AH Fox is valuable as well depending on the condition $500-$600.

If you think it's worth 500$ in that condition I'll sell you 2 of them today! And the 2 I'll sell you still have the original butt plate. Hell for that price I may deliver and pay transfer fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been given guns by friends, family and customers when I ran my business.  Many of them were from people that were "afraid" of them.  I ain't scared.......... :)

I've bought and sold others, mostly from customers that had no use for them.  A couple years ago I bought a S&W 342 and had it shipped to a local FFL I'd never used before.  When I went to pick it up, I noticed a bunch of guns standing against the wall.  I inquired out of curiosity WTH was up with them?  He said another customer left them there for him to peddle.  I noted the prices and had to do some quick math in my head. 

IIRC I ended up with a pre-64 Model 70 .243, a Browning 20ga Superposed and S&W Model 41.  I kept the Browning and sold the other two for enough to pay for the Browning and pocket a FEW hundred cash.........

I'm NOT against flipping, I just don't want anymore for my own use and they have to be high quality clean guns.

Edited by Lawdwaz

I've been given guns by friends, family and customers when I ran my business.  Many of them were from people that were "afraid" of them.  I ain't scared..........
I've bought and sold others, mostly from customers that had no use for them.  A couple years ago I bought a S&W 342 and had it shipped to a local FFL I'd never used before.  When I went to pick it up, I noticed a bunch of guns standing against the wall.  I inquired out of curiosity WTH was up with them?  He said another customer left them there for him to peddle.  I noted the prices and had to do some quick math in my head. 
IIRC I ended up with a pre-64 Model 70 .243, a Browning 20ga Superposed and S&W Model 41.  I kept the Browning and sold the other two for enough to pay for the Browning and pocket a FEW hundred cash.........
I'm NOT against flipping, I just don't want anymore for my own use and they have to be high quality clean guns.

I love deals like that! I seem to be more of a keeper than a seller but if I'm buying something I don't "need" it's for cheap enough that I can make money if I ever needed to.

I always laugh when I see the saying "I hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I payed for them" I just hope she doesn't sell them for what I payed for them!

• Like 1

Not sure how to reply to the PM as I just joined. I have been looking at several local  gun shops and they range from $495.00 for a rough one to $700.00 for a nice one at Cabelas in Buffalo for a pre cross bolt safety 336. 

Jesus! I saw one local yesterday for 239$ in pretty decent shape and that's more than I payed for any of mine. If I didn't have 4 I would have bought it. I'm an hr north of Albany if you want one of them for 500$ come and get it!

What happened to 2 for $500.00 ? lol Where was the one for $239.00 ? I have bunch of bolt rifles and don't "need" more rifles but these lever guns are fun to shoot. They sure don't give away 35 Remington ammo but once I get enough empty brass I'm going roll my own .

What happened to 2 for $500.00 ? lol Where was the one for $239.00 ? I have bunch of bolt rifles and don't "need" more rifles but these lever guns are fun to shoot. They sure don't give away 35 Remington ammo but once I get enough empty brass I'm going roll my own .

2 for 500? 2@500 come and get them! A gun shop in Albany I don't remember the name I'll ask my brother in the morning.