A Song About a Fallen Veteran

nybuckboy

Great song.  Thanks to all our troops! 

33 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome song. It touched my heart. May God bless and hold close, all who have given the ultimate sacrifice for us. And may he watch over all in uniform, who are keeping us safe tonight.

Ament to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vietvet50 said:

I'm a Vietnam Vet and gotta thank You for that Beautiful Song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The forgotten war that wasn't a "war" with over 58,000  casualties:

Edited by Steve D

1 hour ago, vietvet50 said:

I'm a Vietnam Vet and gotta thank You for that Beautiful Song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A long overdue, Welcome Home! And thank you for your service! And through these words, a hardy handshake is included.

• Like 3

At guitar practice last night, I played this a couple times. Hope the original artist doesn't mind. Couldn't get all the way through,  without a big lump forming in my throat. Whole lotta feeling and emotion in this song. Good song to use on my campfire tour this summer.

• Like 1

I am a Vet, '69 thru '74, Combat Medic, '74-94, Combat Heavy Engineer, retiring out in late in '94 as a Captain.    Memories of my buddies, who now wait for me at the gates, I will be so happy to see them again.  The songs, friends, times best forgotten that will never be forgotten because I live each day and night, over and over again.  A heartfelt THANK YOU, for posting these songs, a special place in my heart is reserved.  Again Thank You to all Veterans past, present, and future.

• Like 2

Lone Silver Wolf, thank you for your service sir.

I'm an Army veteran, serving from 74 to 77. All the men who trained me were Nam vets. So were quite a few I served with. Though I was not old enough to serve in Nam myself, I've listened to their stories. And have been awakened by their screams in the night. My heart went out to them then, and still does today. Along with any combat vet who has looked out from under a steel pot, with haunting eyes. I'll never fully understand. Cause I was never there.

• Like 1