New sight

92onCaliHollow

So after shopping for new bows with/for my son and psuedo son, I realized that I wanted a new sight. Since I didn't have a big budget, I settled on the Trophy Ridge Volt 5 pin. Ordered it from Amazon since it was a "prime" item and was $10-20 cheaper than anywhere else. Got it today and can't say enough about it so far. Absolutely the brightest fiber optics I've ever seen on any kind of sight on a gun or bow.

So I am gonna install it tomorrow and wondering if anyone had had tips/tricks to keep the bow as sighted in as possible? I was thinking of using a metal straight edge on the riser and a set of digital calipers and take a TON of measurements to get the pins as close as possible to what they are set at now.

What do you guy and gals think of the idea? I know that I will still have to sight in to exacts, but I'm thinking that this will put me pretty close. Almost like bore sighting a rifle and scope in a way.

Pic is with the room lights off and the sight light on.....I know I have to check the legalities of the sight light and WILL obey all applicable laws regarding said light. Light is removable and will do so if necessary so please don't turn this into a legal and law(s) thread

1490411997813-933588624.jpg

No, I'm quite positive there are no restriction on pin lights, as long as the don't project light or an aiming beam toward​ your target. Pretty much the same as illuminated crosshair rifle scopes etc. Although I don't think the trophy that you shoot with said archery sight will be eligible for record books if I remember correctly? I believe they have a rule against it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'd sooner just put a piece of paper in your sight housing and put a dot with permanent marker next to each pin. Then you sight in with your top pin in your new sight and the others should follow roughly the same gap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk