Fletching ?'s

92onCaliHollow

Like everyone else, I too use Google to get a lot of information, feedback and suggestions to questions. And as I just stated, I did this time too. But I thought I would get the opinions of the guys and girls on here, kind of a survey in a sense.

What do you all use for fletchings? Full size? Blazer size (2in)? Feathers? And why? What do you feel is the real difference?

I know this is just like the question "what's the best broadhead and why?" And am going to get tons of different answers and opinions but am curious as to what all of you have to say....

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Blazers because i used to shoot a whisker biscuit ,now i just like them.

I'm in this camp. 

Shot them with the WB and when I changed bows/rests I shot my old arrows just as good with the new rig. 

They're easy to work with and have been extremely durable.  Shot feathers (even barred feathers from spring gobblers I killed) for many years with both tradition equipment and compound bows  but for now and the foreseeable future it'll be the Blazers.

Been shooting the blazers too, for a few years now. Still have the WB rest. And they shoot great so I see no reason to change. Over the years, I've used feathers with helical, three and four inch plastic vanes. But these blazers, are by far the best I've used. Durable, accurate and forgiving.

Related to this issue, I have been using loctite gel to fletch for a while.  Works great but costs around $4 per 4g tube which won't even fletch a dozen arrows with feathers.

Bought a 20g bottle of gorilla glue gel a few weeks ago at lowes. And it worked just as good for $4.  Fletched a dozen arrows and still have more than 1/2 a bottle left. I will be using the gorilla glue gel from now on.  

• Like 1

I shoot 3 - 4 inch feathers, my reasons are /  clip a small slice in any vane and shoot it,it will affect flight.  now take a feather fletched arrow and cut a chunk out of it and it will fly straight. no matter how beat up feathers get they fly straight. a vane fletched arrow if it brushes a limb will deflect more versus a feather that will lay down as it brushes the limb . feathers give a better front of center because they are so light. The biggest myth that feathers shoot like crap when wet. take a feather fletched arrow and let it sit in water for a minute then nock the arrow and shoot it, the force from the launce will shed all water from the feathers. besides who bow hunts in a down poring rain. now the speed debate. yes you will loose a few fps but at 30 yards and down the point of impact will be negligible.plus I use the bohning archery feather tape so fletching is instant no waiting for glue to dry .   i have tried all the things I stated, try them you may be surprised...

Edited by rob-c