This 4 point not legal in the NY antler restricted zones.

Rattler

One of my hunting partners shot a buck similar to that down in Potter County PA a few years ago...he was not quite THAT big, but was an 18" wide four point with long beams and brow tines..

Yeah, it was illegal, because ARs were in effect in PA at that time..

I'd like to turn him in, but that was 8 or 10 years ago and probably the statute of limitaions has expired for such a heinous crime..

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That buck nybuckboy posted looks like a shooter for sure, but that one rattler posted looks a bit thin and sickly.  I don't shoot them for the antlers, so I would likely pass that one, especially early in the seasons.    

Cmon, with no AR's you'd pass those both?!  I call shenanigans

• Like 1

That 4 point is probably 4 years old already, but just happens to possess poor genetics in the antler department.  Or perhaps, the smart deer have learned not to grow that extra point to survive the season. :taunt:

Just to clear something up, I did not shoot that buck.  I just saw it online on a whitetail site.

• Like 1

I think that huge 4 point would never have grown another point to make it legal in one of the " trophy units ". Just has inferior genetics. I'm sure a deer biologist would pull the trigger himself to take it out of the gene pool to prevent more of the same future bucks. This is a good example of age harvest vs antler size.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, catskillkid said:

I think that huge 4 point would never have grown another point to make it legal in one of the " trophy units ". Just has inferior genetics. I'm sure a deer biologist would pull the trigger himself to take it out of the gene pool to prevent more of the same future bucks. This is a good example of age harvest vs antler size.

How do you know it wasn't the doe that gave birth to him that had the bad gene?

• Like 3

Things some do not realize.....

I do love the exception to the rules comments...If you were to take a real poll...you know like when guys actually purchase a license and reaching out to the LT holders...you may very well find many more "exceptions " than expected....PS don't come back with well % out of total population yada yada yada ...I know, thus why I worded as I did.

Anyways even on this one site we have seen a long list of "exceptions" either shot or caught on cams.

Edited by growalot