Another new bow thread

Jeremy K

I decided to buy a 2016 Elite Synergy , my plan is use the same bow for hunting as 3D . For how little i get to shoot these days ,it would be best for me to use the same bow all year. I'm thinking a QAD dropper and a 3 pin adjustable sight. I'll end up using a heavier arrow then normal for 3D but i think it will be OK.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sounds like it'll be a fun summer of shooting!

Where did you order it from, Niagara Outdoors?

I was in a place I shouldn't have been (AT classified section) I saw the guy selling it and another synergy and he dropped the price a few times on both bows ,I knew he wanted to get rid of them quickly so I sent him a message and ended up getting it to my door for 400 bucks . I need to order the rest and sight ,I'll buy that stuff from Jeff and have him work his tuning magic .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nybuckboy said:

Sounds like a fine set up. Just curious here - why a 3 pin AND adjustable? Sounds confusing.

I feel I need 3 fixed pins for where we hunt but I love the adjustability for 3D shooting and screwing around taking long shots.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I decided to buy a 2016 Elite Synergy , my plan is use the same bow for hunting as 3D . For how little i get to shoot these days ,it would be best for me to use the same bow all year. I'm thinking a QAD dropper and a 3 pin adjustable sight. I'll end up using a heavier arrow then normal for 3D but i think it will be OK.

My buddy has one and does the same thing, they aren't a speed demons but hold their own and have a silky smooth draw.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

My buddy has one and does the same thing, they aren't a speed demons but hold their own and have a silky smooth draw.

I tried the I31 last year, closet thing to a speed demon I've gotten . I just couldn't jive with that bow ,maybe if I had more time to shoot it ,I could have gotten along with it better . The Z28 and the Pure I shoot now are not hyper bows but I just shoot them so well (for me) Im hoping the Synergy is like melting the 2 bows into one.

Got the new toy today . I talked to Jeff at niagara outdoors ,he already has the black gold ascent sight and qad dropper in Stock.  I might have to shorten the draw a half inch ,he has the mods as well. Should be a fairly painless deal.

20170406_160211.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, Jeremy K said:

I was checking out that bow line as well.

Love this bow!  Was actually thinking about getting one just for target as the let off is pathetically awesome!   This is a shooting machine!  With all the accessories on it you can literally draw the bow down on a hook and it will stay at full draw if you let it go very slowly.  Let me know what you think of it Jeremy K.

This video shows I think the highest let off with a bare bow holding at full draw with only the weight of the bow holding it!  Told my buddy about this bow and he went and purchased it that week, still has it and loves it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He is great, aside from my buddy Jeff is the only guy around I'll let touch my bows

So true he has helped me every time I've needed something tuned or just for him to watch my form. And that's part of the concierge package when you buy from a straight up guy

Love this bow!  Was actually thinking about getting one just for target as the let off is pathetically awesome!   This is a shooting machine!  With all the accessories on it you can literally draw the bow down on a hook and it will stay at full draw if you let it go very slowly.  Let me know what you think of it Jeremy K.
This video shows I think the highest let off with a bare bow holding at full draw with only the weight of the bow holding it!  Told my buddy about this bow and he went and purchased it that week, still has it and loves it!

I'm looking forward to Jeremy's post with pics doing this lol
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm looking forward to Jeremy's post with pics doing this lol

Of course , i plan on hanging the bow on the wall that way . That's the Pro Tip for the week ,always store your bow at full draw. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, NFA-ADK said:

So I didn't watch this video, because I have seen similar ones.  BUT, they all should come with a "Please do not try this at home" warning!  Maybe this video did, as I said I didn't watch it.  However, just thinking about it makes me nervous after what happened to me.  If I could be an example to anyone contemplating this...please read my story below...

I have a Synergy myself, and love showing friends that trick when I hang it from my digital scale (same one pictured in the video above) as it sits at full draw on its own - but I NEVER take my hands completely off the bow.  Well, a few weeks ago I was doing a little tuning and decided to check my draw weight, so I put it in the scale and pulled it down.  As the Synergy does, it dropped into the valley and at the wall it just sat there.  Awesome as always.  Then it happened.

I let off the bow and it wouldn't let back down.  I proceded to do something really stupid at that point.  I just gave it little "jiggle" or shake, trying to get the bow to take over and the cams to kick in.  However, all that happened was my string went slack and then my loop popped right off the hook.  I new instantaneously that I was in trouble.  Whack!  Dryfire.

So now I have my scale clipped in to a O-ring off the truss above me, and another carabiner to attach to the loop.  I even have another safety rope from the scale to the string incase the lop breaks.  I took the bow apart completely to look everything over, and got lucky as there was no damage.  Took quite a few shots through it before I could get rid of that pucker factor waiting for something to explode due to damage.  Too many horror stories I guess from other dryfires.

All that to say...enjoy your Synergy, I like mine a lot!  Just be careful showing off that bow hanging at full draw on its own, or you might be in danger of doing something as stupid as I did.

• Like 1