Age this one

moog5050

I would say 2.5. Could be a  well fed 1.5 around here. As grow said his neck and brisket do not meet right for more then 2.5. His legs and nose just do not have the structure for more and the real isn't a lot of mass showing yet. But like I have said before it is only a guess from a pic. If he was on the ground in our hands it could be a whole different story.

16 hours ago, stubby68 said:

I would say 2.5. Could be a  well fed 1.5 around here. As grow said his neck and brisket do not meet right for more then 2.5. His legs and nose just do not have the structure for more and the real isn't a lot of mass showing yet. But like I have said before it is only a guess from a pic. If he was on the ground in our hands it could be a whole different story.

please let me know what WMU you are hunting free ranging whitetail in, that would have well fed 1.5 yr olds that big.  I'm abandoning all my spots and hunting there.  damn you guys are blessed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

please let me know what WMU you are hunting free ranging whitetail in, that would have well fed 1.5 yr olds that big.  I'm abandoning all my spots and hunting there.  damn you guys are blessed.

Buffalo Co, WI

• Like 1

I think it's 2.5 yrs old.  even runts develop their just a different size.  i think lack of natural, quality, browse stunts deer more than lack of temporary high quality food like ag.  i think a deer is always playing the catch up game more in that situation.  browse i think makes up most of their diet and in better soil regions it's carrying more nutrients.

12 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I think it's 2.5 yrs old.  even runts develop their just a different size.  i think lack of natural, quality, browse stunts deer more than lack of temporary high quality food like ag.  i think a deer is always playing the catch up game more in that situation.  browse i think makes up most of their diet and in better soil regions it's carrying more nutrients.

My buddy thought 2.5 and watched him for quite a while.  Good news, we may very well see him again this year, just a bit bigger.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I hunt 9n  plenty of forage and lots of ag. We see very few spikes fork horns or anything smaller then 6 points.if we record 4 bucks smaller then a 6 in one year that's it. I'm not talking the whole unit just my little corner. But like I have said judging from a pic is just guessing. Look at the buck Chas posted the neck line meets the brisket a lot nicer then the other one also the nose as some shape to it not as narrow as the first buck. And I would call chases buck a 2.5.

If there is no way that buck   is a 1.5 the most of the bucks born on and around me are born as 2.5 and we have no 1.5 year olds. Sorry if you do not see bucks like this but just because you don't does not mean I dont. Size  comes from more then just age. What they have to eat and where they live has a lot to do with it as well. A well fed animal will be bigger then a poorly fed one. Why is it so hard to believe that could be a 1.5? Is it just because he has more then 3 little points?