All time best movies

moog5050

14 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I read Crow Killer. How's about him killing the Indian kid they left to guard him, taking his leg to eat, and crossing the Rockies in the Winter with no shirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Crow leg tastes like chicken....

• Like 1

Some think Johnson embellished his tales a bit , I like to believe though .

I came across the book in a book store out West in the '80's they had a large Western section .

I tend to visit book stores and museums when I travel , or maybe I just followed a cute girl into the store .....

• Like 1

Some think Johnson embellished his tales a bit , I like to believe though .
I came across the book in a book store out West in the '80's they had a large Western section .
I tend to visit book stores and museums when I travel , or maybe I just followed a cute girl into the store .....

THere's a plaque alongside the road in the little NJ town where he was born, one of these trips in going to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

" leave the gun , take the cannoli "

My favorite line of the entire movie....Clemenza  was my favorite character..

" Paulie ?   You ain't gonna see him round no more"..... 

• Like 1

You skin griz pilgrim.....

Jeremiah Johnson is a must see if you haven't seen it. I've been watching it for the past 35 years and it never gets old . I have an old vhs copy tucked away in the basement.

Lonesome dove would be my number two then the searchers or big Jake.

• Like 1

" I kept a squaw nigh on to two years...Cheyenne, she was, meanest bitch that ever bawled for beads..

I loves the wimmins, truly I does, but the Good Lord  makes no rock harder than a woman's breast, and I can find no sign on it. "

I, Hatchet Jack, bein’ of sound mind and broke legs do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it. Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.”

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

Those of you that are junkies of the mountain man era movies, there's a couple of forgotten greats as good or better than Jeremiah Johnson.... Mountain Men with Mr NRA, Charlton Heston and A Man Named Horse with Richard Harris, also a couple of "Horse" sequels. Also with Harris is Man in the Wilderness, which many think the updated version (The Revenant) of Hugh Glass' adventures are loosely based on.

The Godfather (& GF 2) were a couple of my all time favorite movies and of course the book too! Over exposure on cable TV has sort of run them into the ground somewhat! Don't think there's a month that the GF series isn't played on some channel. Of the same genre, Goodfellas is also a good movie.

Being a "Baby Boomer", the Viet Nam war movies are deal to my heart. Platoon is great, but so are either of the Apocalypse Now movies depending on which version you prefer.

Lot of pretty good Eastwood movies also! From the spaghetti westerns to Josey Wales to the Dirty Harry series to a few of his movies from the last 15yrs or so. Okay, so I've been a fan since his Rowdy Yates era on Wagon Train. The dude has been prolific!

Lot of great comedy movies over the years, just not worthy of any Top Movie List. A few that come to mind are many Bill Murray or some John Belushi movies and naturally Weekend at Bernie's. NO Sandler movies will ever make my Top List, very few are even worth sitting thru a 2nd viewing!!!

The real classics movies thare from the 1940's to early 60s. JMO, might be my shortened attention span over the years, just can't sit thru a B&W, character study type of movie with no attention grabbing action.