Anchor Sight installed

nybuckboy

As you can see by the picture the Anchor Sight (alignment device) and my TruGlo pendulum single pin are installed. Now to wait for a nice day to adjust the Anchor and then start tuning the sight pin to fling arrows.  For those of you that don't understand the concept. Once the Anchor is adjusted to your natural anchor point, then you adjust your pin. In my case it will be set for 25 yds.

Once the initial adjustments is completed and the pin is set to 25yds. 

Then I draw the bow looking at the target and the Anchor to see that I am aligned and not torqued and move both eyes to the pin and then to my target or deer.  Simple really.  I think what confuses people is the name Anchor Sight... as it is really not a sight but and alignment device that eliminates the in the string peep that most people use.  Instead of a 3 pt triangle, 1 - your anchor point; 2 - the peep in the string (your eye) and 3 - the pin, it simply makes everything in a row. Your eye(s), the Anchor Sight and then the pin(s).

fullsizeoutput_5d7.jpeg

Edited by nybuckboy
  • Like 1

Wouldn't a kisser confirm your anchor sufficiently if you don't want to use a peep?  Seems like a lot to look at that anchor site, then the pin and then the deer.  I am glad it works for you but that's a lot of cross referencing to get a shot off just to eliminate a peep.  Can you see that sight any better in low light than looking through a peep?  1/4" peep lets in plenty of light for me.  Regardless, I hope you kill plenty-o-animals with it!

• Like 1

I hate peeps and like just a kisser button. I have tried a few different models of these and none worked as I hoped. I'm not very smart and like having as little to think about as possible or I'll screw it up. Knuckle in jawbone kisser in corner of lip pin on and fire.

Sounds like you're happy with it and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a peep eliminator...Now my bad...mental thing, lost biggest buck I ever shot using it one time hunting...neighbors enjoying him though...Anyways It was great in practice all summer long...had my longest perfect shots with it ,40yrd shaft shavers...That one was just like looking through a rifle sight. I'm just not able to shoot a bow with sights... Just not happening with a live animal in front of me....can't do it, but undeniable, this is a great product and it was easier to sight in then my guns.

http://www.peepeliminator.com/

Edited by growalot

54 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Wouldn't a kisser confirm your anchor sufficiently if you don't want to use a peep?  Seems like a lot to look at that anchor site, then the pin and then the deer.  I am glad it works for you but that's a lot of cross referencing to get a shot off just to eliminate a peep.  Can you see that sight any better in low light than looking through a peep?  1/4" peep lets in plenty of light for me.  Regardless, I hope you kill plenty-o-animals with it!

Absolutely... but you never know if the bow is torqued. You don't know it using an in the string peep either.  Bow torque is probably one of the biggest reasons hunters miss their mark. If the bow is torqued even a bit at 25 yds the arrow could be 6 inches or more off the point of intended impact point. The Anchor assures you that the bow is not torqued and you are perfectly aligned for the shot especially when you may have to bend and/or twist your body to make a shot. 

24 minutes ago, growalot said:

I had a peep eliminator...Now my bad...mental thing, lost biggest buck I ever shot using it one time hunting...neighbors enjoying him though...Anyways It was great in practice all summer long...had my longest perfect shots with it ,40yrd shaft shavers...That one was just like looking through a rifle sight. I'm just not able to shoot a bow with sights... Just not happening with a live animal in front of me....can't do it, but undeniable, this is a great product and it was easier to sight in then my guns.

http://www.peepeliminator.com/

Nothing like the peep eliminator. I've tried this type as well as the cross hair rear sight type ones and could never use them accurately. The Anchor is not a sight... it's an alignment device. Totally different concept.  

I had searched for and tried most all of the others trying to avoid an in the string peep. I have using the Timberline no peep, similar to the Anchor for the past 15 years. I like using both eyes open which is much better in low light.

Have to say that opinion is way off base...of course you still need to practice...just like you have to practice with any weapon... In my case, It was  free I won it  and I am left eye dominate shooting rt handed...Stop ,before going there ,hell could freeze over before I'd ever be able to change that.  So this was a way to allow me to try and use sights. My eye mind connection just won't allow for that on a live animal and I will never take that risk again...though while on a stationary target I shot fantastic and had no issues what so ever..I shot every single day the entire summer...

If one gives a fair chance they are excellent for knowing your dead nuts shooting the same form every time. After awhile you will draw your bow and it's aligned every time. The really nice thing about this  alignment system is when you have to take that twisted weird treestand shot, if you anchor sight is aligned your golden. Next time your out shooting your bow draw line up you peep sight and pin then just slightly torque your bow and  release .see how much your arrow is off . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So I come to full draw, anchor, check the AS to make sure that dot is centered, then focus on my pin as normal?

Yep TC3 - Pretty much perfect right there.  

That is after you have set it all up and adjusted the Anchor Sight and the pin(s) - you do just as you stated above.

NOTE: If you already have your bow set up and simply want to remove the in string peep and replace it with the Anchor Sight, you simply installed the plate that the anchor sight attaches to underneath your original sight and move the pin over to the RIGHT about an 1/8th inch because the pins are already adjusted. May have to fine tune it slightly L or R before your finished but no big deal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 11:19 AM, Steve D said:

Seems like all these  "gadgets" are nothing more than excuses not to practice. Practice and more practice will do more for accuracy than any of these devices. Just one opinion.

Getting this "gadget" and the pin tuned in at 25 yds. So far so, so good, but a bit more to go. I shoot about 6 -10 arrows each day and then come back to the adjustments. No hurry - the season is a 124 days away.

fullsizeoutput_5de.jpeg

1 hour ago, nybuckboy said:

Getting this "gadget" and the pin tuned in at 25 yds. So far so, so good, but a bit more to go. I shoot about 6 -10 arrows each day and then come back to the adjustments. No hurry - the season is a 124 days away.

fullsizeoutput_5de.jpeg

Where? My countdown clock says 152 days?

Screenshot_20170501-090523.png

• Like 3

Back to torque....wouldn't the sight level and proper grip/hand alignment on the bow most likely eliminate torquing the bow?

On a side note....it looks like it works...keep drilling those X's and you will definitely have the confidence to put one through an ole bucks boiler room this fall!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Back to torque....wouldn't the sight level and proper grip/hand alignment on the bow most likely eliminate torquing the bow?

On a side note....it looks like it works...keep drilling those X's and you will definitely have the confidence to put one through an ole bucks boiler room this fall!

The sight level could be perfect (vertical is perfect) but you could still have the bow torqued left or right.

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

That is why I was thinking both proper grip...and sight level are needed.
With an open hand grip having the bow grip between your thumb and index finger there shouldn't be any torquing of the bow.

True - key word shouldn't.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, nybuckboy said:

Getting this "gadget" and the pin tuned in

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, nybuckboy said:

I shoot about 6 -10 arrows each day

If you are shooting 6-10 arrows a day you should be shooting that good without a "gadget" PS Watch out for broken knocks ripped fletching etc. shooting like that. Try three circles instead of one and shoot at one at a time. When you can hit all three circles each time with one arrow then you are dialed in:wink:

• Like 2