My Dream Rifle Shoots Like A Dream!

• 1 month later...

Last weekend the weather was so crappy. I was bored, so I went downstairs, saw the case, took her out, and cleaned her, again. Even though I haven't shot since early April, and already gave her a good cleaning afterwards, I just had to put my hands on this rifle!  Doc says a few more weeks, at least, before trying to shoot again. I got a lot of catching up to do!!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dinsdale said:

Couple of snap caps = lots of practice and no recoil. Just sayin'.

CF bolt actions don't usually suffer any damage from dry firing. The one exception I know of is my 5mm Remington Magnum CF conversion due to its "nailhead" firing pin with separate striker.

The U S Military used to practice dry firing with the '03 Springfield.

Edited by wildcat junkie

On 4/10/2017 at 0:19 PM, grampy said:

Each shot taken "surpised" me,

I used to shoot a lot of (offhand) competition with my flintlock at distances up to 100yds. On the days I really did well, the rifle went off (or at least the stone fell) as if by mental will. I called it "unconscious", Not a "surprise" persee, just a mental impulse, but no conscious trigger pull. I've had days like that with modern firearms too and shot well on those occasions.

BTW, your zero is about perfect for maximum PBR. you should be within 3" of POA at any distance from the muzzle to 300yds.

Edited by wildcat junkie