Yelling goat with Biz

turkeyfeathers

At work waiting for the first pot to drop !

It was great to meet everyone and put a face to the names, I apologize for not getting to talk to everyone as its often hard in these set ups .It was fun going " that's that guy , not what I pictured !" 

Special thanks to Turkeyfeathers , Moog my driver , Sodfather, and anyone I ever ticked off on the forum for holding back ......

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 6

Live from my kitchen pounding OJ. Biz, TC, and myself stuck around for a couple more. Not sure what time I got home but was a good time for sure. Thanks TF for putting that together.. 

Yea. I was lit up like an Xmas tree according to my wife and Mom. Good times meeting all of you, and thanks to TF for setting up a great event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Last night was a good time , its cool putting a face to a screen name . TFs jerky was really good ,perfect spicy level. Got some good info from Phade that i need to look into. Thanks to who ever was responsible for me having my money for dinner handed back to me when i tried to pay up.

What an all star line up! And I sure wish I could have been there. Pictures were great, looks like everyone had a really good time. And everyone made it home safely , no worse for wear and tare. Nice job TF for pulling it all together. Be great to see this as an annual event! I'm down for the next one! You WNY guys know how to party!

For all you capital region guy's, I'm thinking about putting something together in this area for a get together. Of course any one who wants to make the trip will be welcome!  July time frame should have me feeling good enough for just about anything. Indoors, outdoors, bows, rifles, picnic, venison roast, anything is on the table. Anyplace can be suggested. I have close to 500 acres here, with a shale pit range. But it gets hot over there in July! Let me know what you think, and I'll start another thread.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It was a good time. Got there a bit late but was great meeting everyone. Funny how some folks don't look or sound like the pictures I had in my head.

Thanks I do appear much more handsome in person , and Jeremy K, I liked that t shirt .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ask TF. It's either really good or it's poisonous and I'll die soon.

I thought i did ,i didn't realize i quoted you . I saw the picture of the jerky and got all excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

What an all star line up! And I sure wish I could have been there. Pictures were great, looks like everyone had a really good time. And everyone made it home safely , no worse for wear and tare. Nice job TF for pulling it all together. Be great to see this as an annual event! I'm down for the next one! You WNY guys know how to party!

For all you capital region guy's, I'm thinking about putting something together in this area for a get together. Of course any one who wants to make the trip will be welcome!  July time frame should have me feeling good enough for just about anything. Indoors, outdoors, bows, rifles, picnic, venison roast, anything is on the table. Anyplace can be suggested. I have close to 500 acres here, with a shale pit range. But it gets hot over there in July! Let me know what you think, and I'll start another thread.

Grampy with 500 acres you should have it in October so we can all hang a stand 

• Like 3

Is the recipe declassified ?

c37ec1deba1a08d5a314c3bd930b7fb7.jpg barely use any of the cure , couple healthy dashes of cayenne , crushed red pepper , few dashes of soy sauce , few of teriyaki , about half cup of brown sugar. Partially defrost venison steaks and cut into thin strips. Marinate 12-24 hours. Put on jerky rack with oven at 200. Door ajar. Smaller pieces will start to be ready at 1.5 hours. Larger up to 2.5 tops. I don't dry the heck out of it to be able to eat in 3 weeks. Much more tender than shoe leather. Glad you guys liked.

Dan just left a few minutes ago, we had a great time last night at the 'goat.  AS others have said, putting a face to a name/handle  is fun.  Some times you're WAY off base and sometimes you nail it!  As with Biz.........I NAILED it with him; as soon as I saw those 14" long pointy & shiny shoes I just smiled to myself.  :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3

This morning I took Dan for ride down on the waterfront. Here are a couple shots from the banks of the Mighty Niagara.

The top picture is a monster school of minnows. Guy were tossing nets and catching them left & right. 

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3