2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

Back at it in the blind with my son in different location where we saw two big guys moving after we packed up yesterday. Cool morning no wind. Hear them yelping from roost some 200 yds away. Hopefully the ugly birds will take the same path as yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm not out hunting but I heard some gobbling behind my house this morning when I let the dogs out. I'm going to check cameras today to see if any Tom's have joined the three Jake's that have been out there for the last few weeks.

Well it's a wrap. Another blank on youth season again this year. At least we heard that bird rip on roost giving us hope. She'll be out again with me on Saturday/Sunday the 6/7th. c1b056762ceef4d762604b6dcdeb734f.jpg
Congrats to all the kids who connected. I love seeing just that they're out there. Birds are a bonus. Good job mentors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

I regret that taco pizza right at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

A woodpecker just pooped on me. I had it coming I guess.  

Hen behind us. 

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just had an owl pound the dsd upright hen decoy. Awesome ! 

5 hours ago, Shadd Rapp said:

Two toms at 50 yards. Nephew tried moving to a closer window out of the blind and they caught him moving. Putt putt and they are gone. So close. We're sticking with it.

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Never fails 967779d5313494381e658eab33dab30f.jpg

5 hours ago, Deerthug said:

Same here ...Lolf471f939836fd64a8117dc5827979236.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

EXCITEMENT.  Lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Deerthug said:

Well .... Turkeys 2 - Steven 0. Saw nothing but crows today. Next trip up will be mid May. Hopefully they'll be moving then.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

But still had fun ! We definitely did  

I do think some lack of tree talk is trees are so bare birds can see one another in the tree tops and no calling is needed to locate each other. One flies down and they see each other. 

I scouted a new spot on Saturday, got into at least 6 gobblers, probably some Jakes, but was great hearing all that gobbling and watching them pitch down. I've been out 2x and had birds gobbling at both sites. Of course that will all change once I'm carrying my shotgun! Good luck to all and BE SAFE!

• Like 3

I scouted a new spot on Saturday, got into at least 6 gobblers, probably some Jakes, but was great hearing all that gobbling and watching them pitch down. I've been out 2x and had birds gobbling at both sites. Of course that will all change once I'm carrying my shotgun! Good luck to all and BE SAFE!

I see turkey nuggets , cream cheese , wrapped in bacon in your future

• Like 1