2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

Gotta like being home from scouting birds with success by 6:15. The Sodfather and I found a hot bird for him for opening day. Oops on the oil panned grinner on the way. Swerve to avoid getting with tire and thud , opossum noggin meet oil pan.
Quite the rainy forecast for opening week. Hopefully better than the soaker last opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2012_taco said:

Good Luck with that surgery Grampy! Hope you heal quickly. 

Thanks. I'm hoping to be able to shoot my bow again. The last couple years, I can not hold full draw, more than a couple seconds and only able to shoot 5 or 6 arrows for practice sessions.  Haven't been able to shoot  at all, since late last year. I'm not ready to give my bow up yet! Not with a 13 year old, chomping at the bit to put his first deer behind him. Along with my love of bowhunting. So I'll just get it done now, go through the PT, and hope to be shooting by mid July, or sooner if I can. Then have the other shoulder done next year.

Out in a blind behind my house. A bit chilly and even a few big wind gusts here and there. Heard 2 birds gobbling a few mins ago about 300 yards away across the road. Not sure if they will cross and come this way. With the crappy weather I think I'll just sit here and stay quiet and see what comes along. Maybe a few yelps in a little while.

Almost didn't make it this morning lol. I went fishing at my buddies camp all weekend and I was straight up worn out when I got home last night. When that alarm clock went off at 4am this morning, I strongly considered sleeping in haha.

Had one gobbling like crazy 60 yds away watched him strut for 30 minutes on his branch gobbling and he flew away from me... full fan. lol and that is how it goes.... great am so far also saw 4 deer. good luck all

• Like 2