2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

But wait it's getting worse. Have huge flock directly behind me in field and no way to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 jakes and 3 hens all in range. Sentry lookout is fun to watch. Picking dandelions and chasing each other around. This is awesome

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nobody like please. I just could have shot 3 Toms if I stayed where we usually sit. Chip shot! But no I have to move today. SMH. Watched them display right in front of blind.

Sorry but lol

Ok...I think I have a young buck here that's totally off his nut...I went to Rivers blind, get the decoys out, then set them up in the lane way past the end of the wire fence.  Also in front of a walk through in the brush pile fence. Climb back up the ladder to the blind and settle in...10 mins later a deer starts snorting wildly in the neighbors swamp..I'm think great! Him and his tractor on later morning hunts here and now someones coming in to hunt right in front of me..This deer just went crazy for 15 mins..I wait until it's 6:30 before calling. I never saw nor heard a bird this morning. No one else was in the woods either. Though hens were on the cams at yesterdays spot..

What I did see was a young buck with 6" spikes already, yes at least 6" in the neighbors swamp near a huge old downed maple trunk. He was kicking and bucking dashing here and there. Throwing his head back and in general acting completely NUTS! Then Here's the real crazy part...I see a tree shaking violently and being yanked up and down...It was a cherry tree...OMG he was standing there gobbling up cherry leafs. Now just in case you do not know They are poisonous to ruminants, deer know not to eat them...usually...He then started pawing the ground in between bronco jumps and lunges...he dug up a spot so big  I stopped glassing him and could still see the spot/hole from 74 yrds away. Then he showed up at the end of my lane way and ran like his tail was on fire towards/past me all the way to the road. That's when I got a real good look at those spikes...

Have any of you seen this before and what do you guess it might be

1. brain parasite

2. tick virus

3. mosquito virus. 

4. birth neurological problems?

5. poisoning

Remember 32 degrees and zero bugs out...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1