2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

My grandson and I made it out only twice for turkeys this year. Once before surgery and once after. His baseball schedule more than my surgery was the main reason for getting out so few times. We had high hopes of getting his first turkey this year. But he's only 13 and we will have many more opportunities to get it done in the future! All the posts of hunts in this thread really brightened many days for me post surgery!!! I read each and every one! Most more than once! The stories and pictures posted here was for the most part, my turkey season, this year. Even if no bird was taken, it was so cool to hear what was or was not going on in the turkey woods! Through all of you, I had a great season! I'm looking forward to contributing more next season!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Nice quiet morning.  Me and TCIII seem to have this place to ourselves.  lol

Thought for sure that today, every gobbler in the woods would let loose, and do the turkey dance! 

14 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thought for sure that today, every gobbler in the woods would let loose, and do the turkey dance! 

Probably exhausted from doing that all of the month of may while I slept in (except one day when they knew I was coming).

• Like 2

Only got out 2 days n 1 hour this May. I checked this thread about every day, just to keep my head in the game so to speak. Yesterday my nephew called in a jake (small beard) n let him walk. Hopefully I will get out in fall for turkey. Thanks for the stories and congrats to all who scored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have the fan hat on so please be careful. I'll be setup near the roost at dusk

"Damn that's one tall turkey!"  No worries, I only hunt turkeys by moonlight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brother just text. 2 birds been gobbling their fool heads off behind his house since 6.
Sportsman channel has 2 guys hunting merriams in Wyoming with rifles right now. Watched all of about 8 seconds Zero interest in shooting a bird at 200 yards. You never fooled them , never called nor even had to put a sneak on them. Yawn.