2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

It is days like today where I am happy I can wake up at 4 and be at my spot settled in by 442. Glad I live only 5 mins from my spot. Now all I need is a Bird that is dumb enough to think I am a hot hen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Had a nice gobbler called in for about an hr he finally came within 10 yards and like a doofus didnt take tje shot with the bow. He's still in the area chatting me up. Hopefully I can get a better shot and draw him closer again

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well I kinda sorta planned on getting out quick before the rain after work. But my buddy came in to relieve me and he's sick as hell so I told him to go the hell home. So I'm here for another 6 hours or so.

Hoping he feels better since we planned on going out tomorrow morning behind my house to try and double up on some birds.

Good luck to all and stay dry!

• Like 2

Man did I call that,he roosted the birds,and then set up 5 yrds from mine line facing me...Lol 

I had no rain but over cast so the moon wasn't a problem. Went to the ridge brush blind settled in on my over stuffed small dog pillow. It worked perfectly. Got there at 4:30.  I stayed quiet waiting for their usual gobbles ,dead quiet. Did  They hear me..I had a bunch of leaf shuffling behind me and it was the neighbors son setting up,then a Fox ran through. I heard him on his call and then a single quiet fly down..I had walked right under it and it was in a tree 10 yrds away...had to have been a hen or stayed on our place  for the NS was set up just 15 yrds up the hill and maybe 70 from the blind. The fly down was toward him..by 7:30 I had to "go" so very slowly walked past him. I think he thought I didn't see him..what he doesn't know is they won't return until just before fly up. He must have really spooked those Tom's last night no sign of them...the Deer came through with one snoring but still stayed and fed. I know the Tom's. Headed that way to roost last night,I watched them from the house.

I'll be back there in the morning ,maybe he'll go home today:wink:

So darn close this morning.  Uggghh. At least we had the fun of actually working a solo Tom.  Only second time seeing one.  Neighbor gave us permission to go chase him as Phade heard him gobbling a good 300yds away in their field.  Got him to 50ish yards and he cut into woodlot never to be seen again.  Butterball it is. 

• Like 9