I am soooo tired

fasteddie

I am soooo tired and ache all over . I went to Geneseo this am to pull cards and set up a ladder stand that has been laying on the ground , chained to a tree for 2-3 years . I had the right key but couldn't get it to open and broke the key . Walked back to the car that was over 1/2 mile away and got my bolt cutters . Had to carry the ladder stand over another 1/2 mile to where I wanted to set it up . I would have made 2 trips with it but the area was so wet and soft that I took it in one trip because I didn't want to walk through the wet , soggy crap twice . . I'm getting to old for this crap ! I didn't have all the tools I needed but was able to improvise and get the ladder stand installed . Got 'r done ! Gotta check with the neighbor and see if I can enter my SIL's woods from his property . 

View from the stand 

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My youngest son and I went down to South Bristol to get a couple of my stands . One of the ladder stands has been on the property for at least 13 years . Our friend sold the property and the new owner is a hunter and doesn't want anyone else there . Well , the new owner wasn't home and there wasn't any phone number on the Posted Signs so we got the stands . 

The 1st one was a downhill walk and then a rough walk coming back up . The second one was another doozy . My son walked down from the top and I drove around to the bottom . I trudged up the hill and Nick had the stand down as I got to it . It was a difficult muddy , slippery walk down to the bottom but we made it . Glad I wasn't stubborn to try it alone ! 

It was one heck of a workout . We didn't hunt that area last year . The year before (2015) , Nick got a 10 point with his bow but it had a lot of ticks on it . 

Sooner or later, we all will be forced to slow down a bit ....... one way or another. I am starting to see it. My hunting is starting to revolve around where I can get my ATV for deer retrieval. The future of projects are starting to be determined based on what kinds of aches and pains and incapacitation that I might suffer if I take them on.

Slow and steady for everything these days.....lol. It's not time to stay in bed yet, but I'm not ready to sprint up our hill anymore.