Daughter is becoming a jr archer

sodfather

My daughter has been shooting at west falls conservation club every Tuesday and really shooting some tight groups at 20 yards. This summer will be her first US tournament and couldn't be prouder. She's already looking at the Lancaster Archery catalog for her next bow. I may have created a monster

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Outstanding club....I shoot 3d there inside and out. Are you a member sodfather...Once my boys get older I plan on jumping on the waiting list to become a member.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No I'm not but a good friend of mine is. We have been shooting there since last summer. I think I may get some details on the membership in the future. Great people there very helpful 

11 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Last I checked there is about a 2 year waiting list. When I shot on Friday nights they backed up a line near the door that goes out to the trap field and that gave about 35-37 yard shot. Just a fun place to shoot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow 2 years? Well maybe not then lol.. But besides that I can see why it's 2 years great place 

Yep lol and she has a Scott release. She's into the add on's lol. She has almost grown out of that bow but was a great starter bow for her but she's got it maxed out. I have a Hoyt ignite waiting for her I picked up on craigslist once she builds up her strength a bit..

• Like 1

Thanks all she really enjoys it. Shes shooting in her first tourney come June. Its an outdoor tournament and its 30 yards. I'm not sure if she is ready for that distance. I was surprised, because shes only 10 and shooting that far. I may have to double check that..

6 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Shorten her draw and her groups will shrink too. Awesome!

Thanks Doewhacker she needs to work on that. The genesis has no stop for the draw length so kids can grow with that bow. So they tied 2 pieces of yarn on the cables so they meet up on where to stop her draw. She needs do just look down. But I picked up a used Hoyt she will be shooting soon its just a little heavy in the hand for her.