Trucks

Buck_shooter

There seems to be a misconception here that having a low or zero percent interest auto loan and a mortgage somehow means you don't have a nest egg or the ability to buy other things in life.
Having a mortgage is totally normal. Having student loans is totally normal. Having a car note or 2 that you can pay and isn't costing you interest is also fine. It's credit card debt that you want to avoid.

Normal doesn't mean good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying any used truck I'm sure there is going to be some rust somewhere. I was thinking of going to zeiberts no matter what I get and have them use what they're calling "rust eliminator" and then undercoating. Has anyone ever gone through them for this. It's pretty expensive but if it will slow the existing seen and unseen rust down then I'm all for it.

I mentioned early about the rust away stuff . The guy told me that it creeps through the rust that is there and prevents any further rusting. I don't believe undercoating is necessary when using any of the oil products like rust away or krown. 

49 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I mentioned early about the rust away stuff . The guy told me that it creeps through the rust that is there and prevents any further rusting. I don't believe undercoating is necessary when using any of the oil products like rust away or krown. 

How does the rust away come, is it like a spray on thing or roll on? Something you do yourself or take somewhere to be done? I'll try to look it up some more.

Paint the whole undercarriage with POR 15.  It seals (chemically bonds with rust) and protects and is hard as heck.  A lot of work though.  You can use a foam brush to apply.  If it  gets on your skin, it will be there for several weeks.  I did it to a Silvy SS I owned at one point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buck_shooter said:

How does the rust away come, is it like a spray on thing or roll on? Something you do yourself or take somewhere to be done? I'll try to look it up some more.

They have fluid film that you can apply yourself ,you need the gun too which is rather cheap at harbour freight ,it makes a huge mess . I went to a carubba collision and they charged me 100 bucks to do the cavalier with rust away . The krown oil will be dripping off the vehicle for a few days after its sprayed on, I didn't really notice any rust away dripping off. 

• 2 weeks later...