The sissy truck is clean

moog5050

And waxed and sissy carpet vacuumed of course. Garage cleaned.  Basement cleaned.  New stair railings on deck installed.  Somehow the balusters even spaced correctly and are vertical.    I am exhausted.  I even squeezed in making a dozen new arrows. If only I had a youth hunter that would distract me from such a productive weekend.  

466A20F4-9AD5-4A46-AF07-3AB2904C0B69.jpg

• Like 12

Excuse my ignorance, is that a Ford?

Had a full day too. Just sat down on my deck with a One Buffalo beer from Southerntier Brewery to wind down......

What did I do you ask??  Well first off I grabbed 25 bags of compost from the local convenience store and spread it in the two beds we have. (Pulled a few weeds first and scratched up the surface). Then tossed a load of colors in the washer. Oh, half way through the compost I ran to Tops and grabbed a couple bags of sour kraut and put them and 8 pork chops in the crotch pot. 

Pulled the deck chairs out of the garage and put them on the deck.  Straightened out the garage and swept it up. 

Showered up then loaded the truck and went to Niagara County Sportsmans to take a shot or two with the turkey gun and plink with a couple new .22 pistols.  Got to the range and the place was jammed!  Took one shot with the turkey gun and passes on the pistol plinking.  Went to get a 20lb propane filled on the Reservation, it's only $9.50

Stopped at Wegmans and grabbed some pierogies and a cake for my wife's birthday. 

Got home and did some surgery on the front sight of the shotgun as I wasn't pleased with center of the pattern at 40 yards.  Epoxied a whittled down fiber optic piece into where the factory sight used to reside. I think I'm GTG now.....

First load of laundry is dried and folded, second is going in the washer momentarily.  Got all my turkey clothing out and ready to roll. Even organized the clothes for and put away thing I hope I don't need anymore this spring!

Ill slice some onions to go with the pierogies and have another beer after I rest my thumbs. Damned phone typing is for the birds.....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Had a full day too. Just sat down on my deck with a One Buffalo beer from Southerntier Brewery to wind down......

What did I do you ask??  Well first off I grabbed 25 bags of compost from the local convenience store and spread it in the two beds we have. (Pulled a few weeds first and scratched up the surface). Then tossed a load of colors in the washer. Oh, half way through the compost I ran to Tops and grabbed a couple bags of sour kraut and put them and 8 pork chops in the crotch pot. 

Pulled the deck chairs out of the garage and put them on the deck.  Straightened out the garage and swept it up. 

Showered up then loaded the truck and went to Niagara County Sportsmans to take a shot or two with the turkey gun and plink with a couple new .22 pistols.  Got to the range and the place was jammed!  Took one shot with the turkey gun and passes on the pistol plinking.  Went to get a 20lb propane filled on the Reservation, it's only $9.50

Stopped at Wegmans and grabbed some pierogies and a cake for my wife's birthday. 

Got home and did some surgery on the front sight of the shotgun as I wasn't pleased with center of the pattern at 40 yards.  Epoxied a whittled down fiber optic piece into where the factory sight used to reside. I think I'm GTG now.....

First load of laundry is dried and folded, second is going in the washer momentarily.  Got all my turkey clothing out and ready to roll. Even organized the clothes for and put away thing I hope I don't need anymore this spring!

Ill slice some onions to go with the pierogies and have another beer after I rest my thumbs. Damned phone typing is for the birds.....

What did you do after 9am?  That's a good start. 

• Like 2

I had Sunday lunch with my folks, as usual, and then held the pry bar while my dad used a small sledge hammer on it to beat the right front quarter panel of my van into position so that my passenger side door can be opened. The deer I hit had pushed it back almost a half an inch. Then I split some wood with my brother.

48 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Was the archery range under water?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Was the archery range under water?

No, there were at least three guys there when I got there and for sure two were still there.  They were traditional shooters so they probably spent most of their time shagging lost arrows. :)  (sorry moog!)

The covered shooting line is great, glad they did that.  Next thing they need is a sand pit to shoot broadheads into.

It was for sure the most people I've ever seen there other than if there was a meeting.  I DON'T like crowds though.....

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Exc grabbed a couple bags of sour kraut and put them and 8 pork chops in the crotch pot. 

How long does it take to cook chops in your crotch pot? 

Does it take longer to cook them at your age?

Do you put a little blue pill in the crotch pot to get it gong? 

Do the chops taste like underpants when finished?

ok that's all for now. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh, that's painful.  I'm old enough to be your father..........

I hit my prime a long time ago. 

To be 35 again, wow. :)

Oh I ain't 35 or even 45 anymore either Law.  But I never could cook chops in my crotch.  

• Like 1

Nice you guys caught that. 

Good to see you're paying attention. :)

Twas an incredible meal.....the chops 'n kraut cooked for just under 10 hours. The bones fell out and the meat was perfect. Pierogies were great, fresh out of the frozen food section at Wegs. A side a apple snawzz finished it just right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry302 said:

Do,you have a wax that you prefer ? I'm a fan of Vitreo you can get it at auto finishers .

image.png

Never tried that Larry.  I had some turtle wax black ice.  That's what I used.  I like the mother's carnuba but it's more work with all the precleaners and as Law pointed out, I am getting too old for that. Lol.  

• Like 1