Boat checklist

stoneam2006

Ok so I'm running thru my last few days before splash down I've got

Life jackets and all safety gear minus extigisher (buying tomorrow)

Rods and tackle and trolling bags riggers weights boards extra reels and braid mono and flouro

Tool kit spare fuses jump pack spare tire boat plug

Let's here your spare/extras I like to be as prepared as possible mind you my boat was completely empty 2 days ago so only in what I put in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not sure if you're a new boater or not, i trailer my boat here's what o do before I leave each time.

Remove canvas and Load it in driveway , coolers, bags and so on . Put plug in ( which I leave with keys on seat)  make sure it starts .

Your flares are good for 3 years , I've been checked a couple times with out of date ones , always been a warning .

• Like 1

If you ski you need a spotter , here's mine . She doesn't talk much and needs help winding in the rope. She's fooled a few Sheriffs , except my buddy who knows and just waves and passes by .

image.png

• Like 4

Get a roll of gorilla tape!  Can't tell you how many times it's come in handy on my boat. A tube of crazy glue has helped in a pinch more than a few times. An extra length of dock rope, cause ya never know? Sunscreen! A decent pair of binoculars. A marine band radio is always a good idea if you are on the bigger lakes. A dash mounted compass has come in handy too. And a good first aid kit is a must! 

• Like 3

Get a roll of gorilla tape!  Can't tell you how many times it's come in handy on my boat. A tube of crazy glue has helped in a pinch more than a few times. An extra length of dock rope, cause ya never know? Sunscreen! A decent pair of binoculars. A marine band radio is always a good idea if you are on the bigger lakes. A dash mounted compass has come in handy too. And a good first aid kit is a must! 

Good idea on tape and glue that's a new one. Thanks guys keep them coming.

Some extra food, water.  Flashlights, spotlights if fishing late.  Charge the phone!  Or have a charger with you.  Check your wheel bearings if you trailer and grease them!  Bearing buddies work if you use them often.  Check trailer and boat lights, electronics.  Spare prop?

• Like 1

Ok so I'm running thru my last few days before splash down I've got
Life jackets and all safety gear minus extigisher (buying tomorrow)
Rods and tackle and trolling bags riggers weights boards extra reels and braid mono and flouro
Tool kit spare fuses jump pack spare tire boat plug
Let's here your spare/extras I like to be as prepared as possible mind you my boat was completely empty 2 days ago so only in what I put in.

Without beer and girls, no boat is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was
Looking at flares at Cabelas and the cheapest I could find were like $49, then I found a kit for $29 that had three along with all kinds of other stuff including the whistle you have to have. I got stopped by dec pulling out after a duck hunt and he was nice enough to give me a warning about both. He said you need a signaling device, I said we
All have 12ga signaling devices lol, he said "doesn't count"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was
Looking at flares at Cabelas and the cheapest I could find were like $49, then I found a kit for $29 that had three along with all kinds of other stuff including the whistle you have to have. I got stopped by dec pulling out after a duck hunt and he was nice enough to give me a warning about both. He said you need a signaling device, I said we
All have 12ga signaling devices lol, he said "doesn't count"

Wow.........I'll check Walmart on Transit before I hit the Big C.

I always pack enough rain gear for all occupants.  As long as there is no lightning (get off the water if there is) the fishing can be very good during the rain.   It usually drives away the other boats, so you can have the hot-spots for yourself.   Sunscreen is a good idea and is even more important for other activities because the fishing is usually not so hot when the sun is shining bright.  A spare prop, washer and cotter pin is a good idea.

As far as the alcohol goes, if you are casting lures, save it until after you have your limit.   The first thing that buzz takes away is the ability to detect a strike.   If the police could harness that effect, it would work better than a breathalizer.  Save the beers for later.  Nothing washes down a raw walleye cheek, eaten right off a fillet knife, better than a big swig of Genny cream ale.      

• Like 1

I always pack enough rain gear for all occupants.  As long as there is no lightning (get off the water if there is) the fishing can be very good during the rain.   It usually drives away the other boats, so you can have the hot-spots for yourself.   Sunscreen is a good idea and is even more important for other activities because the fishing is usually not so hot when the sun is shining bright.  A spare prop, washer and cotter pin is a good idea.
As far as the alcohol goes, if you are casting lures, save it until after you have your limit.   The first thing that buzz takes away is the ability to detect a strike.   If the police could harness that effect, it would work better than a breathalizer.  Save the beers for later.  Nothing washes down a raw walleye cheek, eaten right off a fillet knife, better than a big swig of Genny cream ale.      

Raw walleye...ill take your word on that lol.. and no fishing in rain for me well not hard rain anyway I'm a fair weather Fisher lol...ill hunt in anything but fishing can wait lol

• Like 1

Fishing in the rain is not bad, as long as it is not windy and cold.   I won't stay out there when all three of them hit together.  rain and cold is ok, and rain and wind (but warm) can be spectacular.    The last few years, some of the best smallmouth, northern-pike, and walleye action I have seen has been on warm, windy, rainy days.    A light-weight, breathable rain jacket and bibs makes it comfortable.  The fish will strike aggressively all day long in those conditions, not just for a short time early and late like they usually do on sunny days.     

• Like 1