Let's see your turkey slayers

Buckmaster7600

I'm gonna have to learn  to do this picture stuff....<<sigh>>....

I use 2 rigs, sometimes depending on my  state mind a certain day...

One is a Rem 11-87 SP in Trebark camo, 3" 12 gauge with a 21" bbl, KIck's .665    Gobblin Thunder choke, and a Leupold VXII 1x4 scope.

The other is a Rem 1100 3" mag with a factory 26" fixed full choke bbl. Even after 35+ years it is still bright and shiny..I used to camo tape it every year for turkey season, but now that I do most of my hunting from blinds, I don't bother.

Both of them are deadly out to 40 yards plus a few, with Win XX or Fed Premium buffered, copper plated turkey loads in either #4  or #6 shot..

• Like 1

Just picked up an older 870 magnum a couple weeks ago. Think I'll use this one this year instead of my super mag. I kind of like the "vintage" camo pattern on it. Made in the early 90s I believe. Here's the only picture I have of it because I have yet to take it in the woods with me.

373a99369bd63bd83a6a588b848a6d73.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mowin said:

Remington 1187 NWTF. MAD x-full turkey choke. HIVIZ front and rear sight. 

Love this gun. It's caused the demise of many turkeys over the yrs. 

IMG_20170426_211113743.jpg

That gun is the same as my 11-87..I have used several different sighting systems over the years.  Probably killed the most birds with  Tru Glo fiber optic  open rear and bead front.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuperMag said:

Just picked up an older 870 magnum a couple weeks ago. Think I'll use this one this year instead of my super mag. I kind of like the "vintage" camo pattern on it. Made in the early 90s I believe. Here's the only picture I have of it because I have yet to take it in the woods with me.

373a99369bd63bd83a6a588b848a6d73.png

Forget about the shotgun, I love the finish on that scoped rifle.  Is that a Remington 700 BDL?  Sure looks like an original BDL stock.  Looks like you stripped the original stain off of it and then re-varnished it in natural wood color.  Looks great!!

• Like 1

Forget about the shotgun, I love the finish on that scoped rifle.  Is that a Remington 700 BDL?  Sure looks like an original BDL stock.  Looks like you stripped the original stain off of it and then re-varnished it in natural wood color.  Looks great!!

Thanks, I just picked that up also. It's a 300 win mag bdl with a curly maple stock. Pictures don't do it justice.

• Like 1

Daughters Remington 870 youth 20 gauge. Jellyhead tube and Bushnell circle T illuminated sights. It's pink wood grain before I camo taped it up. It's so light and cute I may tote this thing a few times. Loves Federal heavyweight 7's easily at 40 yards fcc592ec731c9397628e9bbcee21b5bf.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How does the coyote choke pattern? I know Carlson doesn't give what restriction they are but most buck shot chokes are imp cylinder or mod.

you peeked my curiosity so i put a gauge on the chokes today..the carlson is .680 The m.a,d[Indian creek] tube is .688 I only shot that one bird in the pic with the carlson dropped him at 30yrds.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pygmy said:

That gun is the same as my 11-87..I have used several different sighting systems over the years.  Probably killed the most birds with  Tru Glo fiber optic  open rear and bead front.

Now that you mention it,  they maybe Tru Glo sights. Put em on there so long ago, I can't remember what brand they are. 

Yes, big bones, big necks, big gut, big butt, etc., etc.  LOL

Here's a funny clip I stumbled across today.

I think the guy up front needed to ride his bike because his American made truck was in the shop again.  As if driving an American made truck wasn't bad enough, he kind of screwed himself some more when he gave this "big boned" guy a ride!