lost a good man wednesday.need time in woods

doebuck1234

As title says lost a great man on wednesday .my grandfather..friend,life long hunting partner and mentor at 78yrs old.been battling problems with breathing issues/COPD for a while now so didnt get much time if any to hunt in the past year or so.passed away at home suddenly with my grandmother with him.got outside one last time to mow his lawn before he came inside.stubborn old b@$tard.haha.put up a dam good fight and hope one day i could be as good of a man as he was.sorry to sound sobby but helps sharing with the hunting ny family.reason being i posted in turkey hunt section is i havent been much into turkey hunting but need some time in the woods.best of luck all and ill be in those woods coming opening day!

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

My condolences. Let your memories of time spent together strengthen you doebuck. 

Will do.life is what it is.just gotta pull thru it.being in a family my size there is plenty of comfort.just adjusting to him not being there to shoot the breeze on mornings i come up to deer hunt is gunna b tough.makes one appreciate every chance they have outdoors that much more.and will be mine aswell grampy.he wouldnt want it any other way.thanks guys

Very sorry for your loss and sincere condolences to you and your family and friends.

We never really get over loosing a loved one, especially those of us who love the outdoors and spent time building bonds through hunting or fishing. Like Buckmaster7600 said, it may not get any easier, but you just learn to deal with the loss over time in your own way.

Remembering campfire stories, "the one that got away" fishing stories, and just remembering all the good times. I always say, no one is really gone as long as they are still in our hearts, and thoughts.

• Like 2

Not much can be said at times of loss like this. Grandparents are special people that often take up a large part of our heart. My grandparents have been gone a long time now, but I still remember the hurt when they went. Nothing will replace their loss, but try to fill the void with fond memories of the good times you had together. The pain will eventually pass, but the memories will be with you forever. Treasure those.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with sharing your lose with your hunting brothers and sisters, we like to argue about many thing but in the end we are all brothers and sisters and understand how important the family is.  Sharing helps the healing, remember the good times. 

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  RIP

• Like 5

So sorry for your loss and I know words can't change a lot of how you feel but prayers and well wishes sent to you and yours.

Perhaps all hunting Monday morning could give a few seconds  to our HuntingNY friends who've lost loved ones . I'll be tipping my hat to doebuck and buckmaster  at first gobble for their loss of 2 inspiring men whom taught them a lot to do with the woods and their passion for hunting.

• Like 4

Well said TF!been a long day.viewing was today.up to grandparents place after to find my turkey gun and loads.clean the gutters out for me grandmother.im ready for monday morning.after hunt monday morning my grandmother wants serial # wrote down with make and model of pistols.cant believe ny state only gives you 10 days to get them out of house.not gunna comment much more on that.makes me sick.luckily my father,cousin and neighbors across street have pistol permits to make sure they dont get taken out of house by state.i have to get mine ASAP as my grandfather has been asking me to do.thats one thing he didnt want is his pistols being taken period and i wont let it happen.thanks everyone yet again as ive said..it helps!

• Like 1

In the process of filling out pistol permit.not sure if anyone knows off hand but just curious to this.if the pistols are in my name on my permit.do they have to be on the premises i live at or can they be on the premises i hunt aswell.that may be a stupid question but ive never went through this whole permit process.discharge of the firearm itself is more my concern as i do not hunt where i live.

Monroe county is permit i am filling out.i hunt in genesee

Edited by doebuck1234

In the process of filling out pistol permit.not sure if anyone knows off hand but just curious to this.if the pistols are in my name on my permit.do they have to be on the premises i live at or can they be on the premises i hunt aswell.that may be a stupid question but ive never went through this whole permit process.discharge of the firearm itself is more my concern as i do not hunt where i live.
Monroe county is permit i am filling out.i hunt in genesee

I believe they can be anywhere you have a address at or own land. Don't quote me as I'm not a leo. Can't leave at a friend's house that you hunt at tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk