Now Im 100% No-till!!!

Allis 333 no till large seed planters used different sprocket sizes on their fert. drive transmission to determine the rate of flow They also had different size augers in their fert. hoppers for high fert rates. I also remember different size sprockets on their seed drive which used a blower and right size plastic dics for size seed used.  I   also have an old Allis 3 point hitch grain drill that speeds and slow rotation by gears for seed drop. I'm quite surprised no company ever came out with a remote hydraulic drive system back when this equipment was new. I still have owners manuals on  this equipment.
The air planters didnt use sized seed disc.. one size fists all. The mechanical heads uses the seed discs, but no blowers. The fert boxes are fully adjustable, but finding good boxes is almost impossible. The latest trend is 55gal drums and injecting the fert as the coulter opens the ground.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I cant say I agree with this You all are breaking the soil with discs no till to myself would be pouring seed atop the ground.Yes I know your not tilling plowing the soil but still sowing seed below the surface.
To the truest sence Dom, your correct
But seed contact with palnting is everything. The no-til is only cutting a slit, so there is minimal disturbance... Plus Im doing a planting in 1 pass, with smaller equipment, much fast and more economical then conventional planting.

I have a question do you test the soil before planting or just take a chance on what will grow?Soil differs from area to areas
I do.. every year... I dont have the time (or money) to replant... so yes. You can tell alot by what is currently and how well its growing.. but stunted growth can be caused by different factors, so in my opinion its easier, quicker amd more economic to fix any deficiantcys before hand, then 1 or 2 months later when your growing window has moved.

How does the flora in the dirt do with all the glyphosate that goes along with modern no-till methods?
Now your assuming glyphosate is used..... Ive run most of my no-til without.... and it works well for food plots. My methodology is a bit different... Soil sample, adjust (this in itself will push out alot of weeds), scalp with the brush hog and plant. Im not looking for max yield... Im looking to add to an exsisting ecosystem...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tuckersdaddy said:

Now your assuming glyphosate is used..... Ive run most of my no-til without.... and it works well for food plots. My methodology is a bit different... Soil sample, adjust (this in itself will push out alot of weeds), scalp with the brush hog and plant. Im not looking for max yield... Im looking to add to an exsisting ecosystem...

Interesting.  I don't know of any farms that no-till without spraying.  How big are your plots?  On a small plot it would seem like you would need to get good yield to make it worth the effort.  The only no-till I have seen has been on farms or on hunting shows on TV.  It's good to hear that people are trying it without glyph.  Sounds like you're on the right track.

Interesting.  I don't know of any farms that no-till without spraying.  How big are your plots?  On a small plot it would seem like you would need to get good yield to make it worth the effort.  The only no-till I have seen has been on farms or on hunting shows on TV.  It's good to hear that people are trying it without glyph.  Sounds like you're on the right track.
2 different end results.... Farmer are feeding the world, so every acre, every bussel matters. Me? I feed deer that were eating something before I planted, and will after I plant. So with that in mimd, I want to augment whats there.. not kill it off then replant for a 0 net gain.