"Best" travel credit card ?

Nomad

The youngest is looking for the " best" CC for travel . She's. Looking for miles / points and not limited to,one airline .Shes thinking Venture Capital One . Work covers all,her work travel but she's travels a lot for fun as well .Not Sure if she can use for work and expense it .

I have only had one CC card my entire life , so not may area . I'll research online too but I know a few here travel a bit .

Can't help since she doesn't want to be limited on airline. I've had the JetBlue card (Amex, not MasterCard) since 07 and love it. Pretty much autopay all bills on it and pay off each month. Gives me enough to points for my wife and I to fly somewhere warm roundtrip twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check out some of the comparison sites. I think the last someone recently  used was nerdwallet.com You can see which have no annual fees, etc.  If she will be traveling out of the country you will want one that doesnt charge the extra 3% on whatever she uses it for. That is a big point to know. If it is for domestic travel only, that wont matter you will need to compare reward criteria and be cautious of the usual teaser point rewards etc., 

Thanks ,  I'll pass on the nerdwalllet to her ,mostly domestic travel . If it was foreign I could link her to my private client card, which waves foreign transaction fees .

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Can't help since she doesn't want to be limited on airline. I've had the JetBlue card (Amex, not MasterCard) since 07 and love it. Pretty much autopay all bills on it and pay off each month. Gives me enough to points for my wife and I to fly somewhere warm roundtrip twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the move . When our kids were in college I put tuition , room and board on my CC, then paid that with their 529s . When that got low I pulled money out of a mutual fund and put it in the 529 for a month , as the amount  put in each year comes off the top of your pay for NYS taxes . Win win.

• Like 2

Chase Sapphire Preferred not too bad. Extra value if you use it through their Ultimate Rewards system  to book. No foreign fees (why I have it).

Technically has annual fee after first year, but I just threaten to leave and they have waved it. Flexible for airlines.

Probably should use it more, but have found I can make good deals on airlines; and have used points towards accommodations.

+1 on the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  I also like that it's metal so I can drop the card on the table like I'm a boss even though I'm po' AF.  If she really wants to ball, she can get the Chase Sapphire Reserved.  Higher annual fees but 3 times the points versus 2 times the points.

Capital One (I have Spark & Quicksilver). No foreign transaction fee, no annual fees, 1.5% transactions go toward bonus dollars, liberal out-of-state transaction policy (don't shut card off if you travel out-of-town like Bank of America used to).