Biz-R-OWorld 2017 Season

BizCT

I think everyone is on the sane page. If you have bucks patterned near opener, it's worth a shot.  If not, seeking phase is when you will catch more random bucks. That's when sitting downwind of doe bedding can be great.  Unfortunately in my limited years hunting, I have yet to have any with a solid early season pattern. 

40 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Bucks can be much more patternable in early season if you are on the right food source. If you are getting good daylight activity on cams through sept. it might be worth a shot. Past two years I've punched my tag on 10/15 and 10/2 and have high hopes to repeat again this year. Plus, early season mounts are much prettier than during gun season...

Less time to accumulate ticks though.  And I know you love mounting bucks with lots of ticks. 

Edited by moog5050

Thx all. Yea the xbow opener around that time is great rut activity for my area typically. But I do get lots of late sept and early oct pics of bucks eating acorns midday that I never see or rarely see come xbow season, so that's why I will try hard those first few days of October. Here's a few examples of bucks I never saw, but may have in October.

0d3bb03778929cc0dcc81cb02c4cc3f1.jpg

eac6cb87018dc253dd52c19d3079521f.jpg

f1826f89e574d5b216b84a64765cb19c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you'll be carrying a Mathews. You'd better off trying to spear a buck by throwing arrows at them!!!

That's what great about Mathews, I'll pick it up Friday and take it out 10/1, but be home before 1pm football games. Practice need not apply

• Like 1

Htx was a great choice, much smoother draw then the halon if you have shoulder problems, halon as a tough hill to get over in the middle of the draw cycle..... the htx has a great draw cycle

Htx was a great choice, much smoother draw then the halon if you have shoulder problems, halon as a tough hill to get over in the middle of the draw cycle..... the htx has a great draw cycle

Yup. That is exactly what I felt and led to my decision. I shot the HTX last when I was already tired and it still felt the smoothest

So I didn't buy a quiver thinking I can just use my xbow quiver. Will that work? I don't want a quiver attached to the bow anyway, but I assume my arrows once cut will be still be way longer than xbow bolts. Typically I carry my quiver in bookbag with top open so that the ends of the arrows stick out.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So I didn't buy a quiver thinking I can just use my xbow quiver. Will that work? I don't want a quiver attached to the bow anyway, but I assume my arrows once cut will be still be way longer than xbow bolts. Typically I carry my quiver in bookbag with top open so that the ends of the arrows stick out.

I have the Black Widow quiver by Mathews on my old HQ-32. It removes very easily, and keeps the arrows close at hand, for any possible shots going to or from stand. It's a well made quiver that doesn't make any noise or rattle.  Or there is a hip quiver, that just clips over your belt. Or if you are used to carrying your arrows in a pack or book bag, that will work too. Lots of choices out there to consider. 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Its a Matthews - you don't need a quiver, just a single arrow nocked.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

Its a Matthews - you don't need a quiver, just a single arrow knocked.

But I need to hold multiple arrows. 2 bucks, yote, fox, and bobcat could all happen before 8am

I have the Black Widow quiver by Mathews on my old HQ-32. It removes very easily, and keeps the arrows close at hand, for any possible shots going to or from stand. It's a well made quiver that doesn't make any noise or rattle.  Or there is a hip quiver, that just clips over your belt. Or if you are used to carrying your arrows in a pack or book bag, that will work too. Lots of choices out there to consider. 

Thx but will my xbow quiver work?