Biz-R-OWorld 2017 Season

BizCT

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I'll definitely want to hear what she says. She's only been living there about 2 years. Only problem is If i get pics of nick bucks where do I go opening day! There or the new land my parents bought last year. Right now I got 4 shooters (for me) on cam there. Not sure I like multiple options lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the ladies property is bow only, I would start there and hit up the other property with the gun.

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I'll definitely want to hear what she says. She's only been living there about 2 years. Only problem is If i get pics of nick bucks where do I go opening day! There or the new land my parents bought last year. Right now I got 4 shooters (for me) on cam there. Not sure I like multiple options lol

Depends on which one got the biggest buck! That's where I would be. You have plenty of season to go to both fortunately. 

• Like 1

I'm fortunate to have two separate properties in the same general area, (seven miles apart). For the most part one is usually better for daytime movement than the other. One heats up, the other slows down. After a few years you kinda figure out when, to be where. Very rarely are they both showing the same action, at the same time. And sometimes they are both slow. That's when I'll hit some close by state land. Nice to have options!

• Like 3

Since the ladies property is bow only, I would start there and hit up the other property with the gun.

I mean October 1st though. Also the new land my parents got definitely had a lot more action during bow than gun.

Went to see new spot of land this morning. A little disappointing- I didn't see much deer sign. Lots of acorns and a little swamp in spots but it's pretty wide open, not much high grass or weeds. I didn't see any deer crap or buck rubs, but the owners said they see deer all the time so maybe they pass through?

I put up 2 cams but they don't work great and 1 of them can't register the correct time/date. I guess we'll see the cams show in a few weeks. I can access the property from a parking spot on A back road which is good. I think the best spot would be to basically walk to the middle of the property where there is a raised rocky area and then sit there and overlook the swampy areas as well as the flat areas where acorns are. I found 1 really old tree stand. There are also some pallets in the woods that the previous owners used for their kids to play paintball. I'm sure the old treestand was from a hunter because I also found a screw in step on a nearby broken tree and found a rusted old bow hanger rod hangin from a broken tree.

That's all for now I guess we'll see what the cams show. There is a nearby farm and store where the deer probably frequent for food I assume.

1b6faaf81b7e6005bfe1ef6d8cfd7507.jpg
0c4b60370733a6154551b892db969d49.jpg

ed419f1b4a934c5153afe0d2355d568a.jpg

f7c0a81448fcefc06ce56f9b8dd6470b.jpg

6be055d878da8ec63e8948ef2c9de6db.jpg

• Like 1

The first day of bow season when it's over 60deg I would be at that water hole all day! 3 of my biggest bow bucks were shot wary in the year near water on hot days

Yea I was hoping to see more tracks near it. I'll see in a couple of weeks. Nice thing is, it's about 3-4 miles from my house only.

• Like 1

Biz check your left arm and grip on the bow. Your left are should be slightly bent and not locked. Also the grip should be between thumb and index finger. I'm no expert and could be the wrong technique but that's what I was told. I've never had a string slap on my forearm that hurts 

• Like 2

Go to Di cks sporting goods and get yourself the decimator arrows. they are on sale now for $20. They are great arrows to start slinging with. you wont be as afraid of breaking or losing them. great for the price.

Nah. I only want to practice with what I will hunt with.

• Like 1

Biz check your left arm and grip on the bow. Your left are should be slightly bent and not locked. Also the grip should be between thumb and index finger. I'm no expert and could be the wrong technique but that's what I was told. I've never had a string slap on my forearm that hurts 

Thx. Yea I worked on a better grip today. It never hurts, it must just graze me sometimes.

Draw length could be touch long too if hitting arm sometimes remember gonna have jacket and layers on too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's definitely my form because the first day after leaving the shop I didn't hit my arm probably because I stayed in the form I was taught. But today was much better.

• Like 1

They probably pass through the woods and head straight for the green lawns and shrubs. Its a classic example of how mature forests offer next to nothing in habitat for deer. 

Yup. Wonder if it will be better at morning or night. Trail cam pics should help, we'll see.

Take what you know from golf and apply it to bow. 

Follow through , consistent form, mental game, it's the first shot, that matters .

ive also found that where you find old stands are generally good spots . There are old stands on my spot , now nothing but a few rotted 2x4s are on great spots 30 years later ...

its not what you see now, but in the season that counts .

• Like 1

Take what you know from golf and apply it to bow. 
Follow through , consistent form, mental game, it's the first shot, that matters .
ive also found that where you find old stands are generally good spots . There are old stands on my spot , now nothing but a few rotted 2x4s are on great spots 30 years later ...
its not what you see now, but in the season that counts .

Yea free spot in the town of the NYS record archery buck. Can't complain, we'll see. I'll give a shot a day or two.

Congrats on joining the bow hunting ranks. I'm also primarliy a 3n hunter for much of my hunting and when lucky get to join some friends in 3s. One of those properties are in Yorktown and would pick Westchester 9 out of 10 times for deer numbers , sightings and size. As with all properties cams and initial scouting don't always show everything especially when your learning new spots. Put in the time especially near seeking rut phase. I can't believe some of the bruiser that pass through these small suburban locations. We see lots of deer in person at this location that may never show on cam , not being "residents" . Your results may vary because despite both being located in Yorktown small distances can be a world of differnce but I wouldn't write it based on your initial inspection. And if you need anyone to verify this spots potential I'm avaiable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1