Biz-R-OWorld 2017 Season

BizCT

Btw, those were my first 3 shots ever at 20yds. I put the sight at #9 and the height seems right so we'll see if that stays the same under better light and more shots at this distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job Biz

Thx, but arm slap is frustrating. Since you shoot trad. I assume you are a form nazi. Rather than a slap its more like grazing my arm, is it as simple rotating my left hand to show more knuckles, thus moving my forearm slightly?

with good form, your left arm should not be locked,  but maintain a bend and your hand should basically be positioned like you were going to shake someone's hand..   If you do that, you forearm will always be clear of the string..   

BTW, do you wear and arm guard?   you should get used to it because you always want one on to hold back your clothing/jacket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thx, but arm slap is frustrating. Since you shoot trad. I assume you are a form nazi. Rather than a slap its more like grazing my arm, is it as simple rotating my left hand to show more knuckles, thus moving my forearm slightly?

That will definitely help.  Get those knuckles at a 45 degree angle from the riser and the pressure on pad at base of thumb.  If you are having a hard time, try curling your pinky and ring finger in so that they sit outside of the grip. You will use your thumb and first and index finger to lightly grip.  It kinda forces your hand to a more correct position which then rotates elbow out rather than down.  

• Like 1

That will definitely help.  Get those knuckles at a 45 degree angle from the riser and the pressure on pad at base of thumb.  If you are having a hard time, try curling your pinky and ring finger in so that they sit outside of the grip. You will use your thumb and first and index finger to lightly grip.  It kinda forces your hand to a more correct position which then rotates elbow out rather than down.  

Makes sense, thx.

with good form, your left arm should not be locked,  but maintain a bend and your hand should basically be positioned like you were going to shake someone's hand..   If you do that, you forearm will always be clear of the string..   

BTW, do you wear and arm guard?   you should get used to it because you always want one on to hold back your clothing/jacket.

No, I don't. I wasn't aware I needed one. The way the string grazes me I would be scared the string could get caught between my arm and guard?

Think of it like you are extending your arm to turn a door knob ,but the door knob doesn't spin . try extending your arm and grab something (like the fridge handle) your elbow is naturally pointing towards the ground , since your hand can't move in this position ,rotate your elbow clockwise . Sorry if i  butchered this explanation and you are wondering ,WTF is this jackass talking about.

Think of it like you are extending your arm to turn a door knob ,but the door knob doesn't spin . try extending your arm and grab something (like the fridge handle) your elbow is naturally pointing towards the ground , since your hand can't move in this position ,rotate your elbow clockwise . Sorry if i  butchered this explanation and you are wondering ,WTF is this jackass talking about.

Actually it makes sense. So this is bad:

b909ddbf426ee5d0204fb30338ca7be5.jpg

And this is good?

58744a5a1aa04ae06673ecae9f61e64b.jpg

• Like 2

So now what's everyone thoughts on arm guard for when I'm wearing long sleeves hunting?

I don't use one either. The only time I've ever had a jacket get in the way is with a real heavy winter jacket hunting sub zero temps. I expected it and used the old sock trick. Just cut the foot off a hiking sock just below the ankle and slip it over your forearm to hold any loose or puffy jackets tighter to your arm so it won't get caught.

I haven't had to do this in a long time though as today's newer hunting jackets tend to be much tighter fitting than years ago. More clothes now are designed for bow hunters so they design that problem right out of the equation. In a few weeks once you get some time on that new bow you should really toss on whatever camo jackets you will be wearing and practice with them on. Shooting full suited up in your camo will feel much different than being in shorts and a t shirt. I also like shooting with gloves on just because it helps me to keep my form consistent, muscle memory and how the grip feels in your hand each time is a big part of being consistent.

Your off to a good start. Just keep up the practice and you'll be confident and ready by oct 1st!

cheap insurance in my opinion, but we all have the things we like and do and everyone does things a bit different..

No worries. I'm new to this so I appreciate everyone's input.

Looks like Saturday I'll be going to check out my wife's coworker's property in Westchester (3S - bow only).

d19a85bb00bf473270088949802dee10.png

Gotta buy a cheap cam one night this week from the local Dick's so I can put something out (if she allows).

• Like 1

I'd bet the deer will be bedding in the swamp and coming to her lawn to eat.

Yea I'll definitely want to hear what she says. She's only been living there about 2 years. Only problem is If i get pics of nick bucks where do I go opening day! There or the new land my parents bought last year. Right now I got 4 shooters (for me) on cam there. Not sure I like multiple options lol